[ABUSE] By: sarveshmvm / Board: forum-BPM-software (6582)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarveshmvm
Active Member II

[ABUSE] By: sarveshmvm / Board: forum-BPM-software (6582)

Hello Admin, Can i Know why this was marked as Spam? Appreciate your help!!

Link to post: (asyncExecutorAsyncJobLockTimeInMillis resets to 5 minutes when I override to custom time)
by sarveshmvm

https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-process-services/asyncexecutorasyncjoblocktimeinmillis-resets-t...

<p>Hello all,</p><p>I am noticing the below issue sporadically in my application . I am using springboot with activiti 6.&nbsp;</p><p>We have long running Jobs in each of the service tasks which could last upto 1-2 hour. Since I have like 20+ processes , I did not follow segregating the external calls to signal the User task as I end up in&nbsp; creating big process workflow. I was overriding the&nbsp;asyncExecutorAsyncJobLockTimeInMillis&nbsp; from 5 minutes to my custom time (say 3 hours ). I noticed that some of the process steps were getting picked by Async job twice or more. When I tried to trace the history of ACT_RU_JOB , I see for some steps the lock expiry time is set to 5 minutes. What could have caused this issue?</p><p>Bean that sets the custom&nbsp; Lock Expiry Time:</p><p><li-user uid="43638"></li-user><br />public SpringAsyncExecutor springAsyncExecutor () {<br /><br />SpringAsyncExecutor asyncExecutor = new SpringAsyncExecutor();<br />asyncExecutor.setTimerLockTimeInMillis(config.getMaximumProcessingTime()); // 12 hours<br />asyncExecutor.setAsyncJobLockTimeInMillis(config.getMaximumProcessingTime()); // 12 hours<br />return asyncExecutor;<br />}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Also In addition to that I set it at engine config level as well:</p><p><li-user uid="43638"></li-user><br />public SpringProcessEngineConfiguration springProcessEngineConfiguration(<br />@Qualifier("activitiTxMnger") PlatformTransactionManager transactionManager,<br />@Qualifier("springAsyncExecutor") SpringAsyncExecutor springAsyncExecutor) throws IOException {</p><p>SpringProcessEngineConfiguration engineConfig = baseSpringProcessEngineConfiguration(<br />activitiDataSource(),<br />transactionManager,<br />springAsyncExecutor);<br /><br />engineConfig.setAsyncExecutorNumberOfRetries(0);<br />engineConfig.setAsyncExecutorTimerLockTimeInMillis(config.getMaximumProcessingTime()); //12 hours<br />engineConfig.setAsyncExecutorAsyncJobLockTimeInMillis(config.getMaximumProcessingTime()); // 12 hours<br />engineConfig.setAsyncExecutorActivate(true);<br />engineConfig.setDatabaseSchemaUpdate("true");<br />engineConfig.setHistory(HistoryLevel.AUDIT.getKey());<br /><br />return engineConfig;<br />}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Any help is appreciated!!</p><p>Thanks</p>

This message has 0 replies

1 Reply
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: [ABUSE] By: sarveshmvm / Board: forum-BPM-software (6582)

Hi @sarveshmvm,

Sometimes questions are posted twice by mistake & the spam filter picks that up as suspicious. I have removed it from the spam quarantine. 

Cheers, 

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!