The Alfresco Email Document Action project provides an Alfresco repository and Alfresco share module to add an option to the document library action menu to email documents straight from share. It allows for the email action to be enabled on selected folders and document items. When the action is invoked the user is presented with a form for the email content. It allows for an email template to be added to the document/folder so that standard wording is provided when the email is sent. This can be overridden at the time the action is invoked. It also optionally allows for the content to be converted to PDF before being sent. The action comes in two forms, one which simply just send an email and a second option to record the sent email in a data list backed mail archive for tracking purposes. These features are enabled via aspects whilst the email template and data list archive are defined via a custom content model.
Email Document Action Features
- Email items as attachments straight from document library browser in Share
- Prompt user for email details
- Ability to attach email templates to folders and documents
- Optionally convert documents to PDF
- Optionally save a copy of sent mail to a data list archive