This blog post includes the new features provided by Transform Core 3.0.0, released together with ACS Community 7.3.x.
All the Source Code from Transform Core is available in following Alfresco GitHub project:
The project includes a number of Transformation Engines that can be deployed together (AIO) or separately:
Sample project is available in https://github.com/aborroy/alfresco-transform-service-3.0.0
Deployment as a single Core AIO (All-In-One) T-Engine:
Deployment as a set of individual T-Engines:
Registered transformations are available in Transform Configuration endpoint:
Additional endpoints for http://localhost:8090:
- "POST /transform" to perform a transform. Performs a transform on content uploaded as a Multipart File and provides the resulting content as a download. Transform options are extracted from the request properties. The following are not added as transform options, but are used to select the transformer: sourceMimetype & targetMimetype
- "GET /" provides an html test page to upload a source file, enter transform options and issue a synchronous transform request.
- "GET /log" provides a page with basic log information.
- "GET /error" provides an error page when testing.
- "GET /version" provides a String message to be included in client debug messages.
Changing default configuration
From Transform Core 3.0.0, several methods are available to override default configuration. Additional details are available in https://github.com/aborroy/alfresco-transform-service-3.0.0#changing-default-configuration
Creating a new Transform Engine
Instructions to create a new Transform Engine are available in https://github.com/aborroy/alfresco-transform-service-3.0.0#creating-new-transform-engine
Additional deployment configurations
Limit the number of threads to be used for transformation operations (between 4 and 12 in the sample) and change the log level (to ERROR in the sample):
Scaling up Transform Service samples are available in https://github.com/aborroy/acs-transform-cluster
SSL/TLS configuration sample is available in https://github.com/aborroy/alfresco-transform-ssl