We’re very pleased to announce that Alfresco Content Services 7.0 is now available for download. Alfresco Content Services focuses accelerated deployment for customer solutions for PaaS, Cloud or on-prem deployment.
Alfresco Content Services 7.0 delivers functionality to enable customers and developers to install Alfresco created solutions and to customise the product through integrations, APIs and SDKs. Customers can purchase an upgrade from Alfresco Community Editions to Alfresco Content Services 7.0 to enable advanced features and add Alfresco applications, connectivity and solutions.
Benefits of Alfresco Content Services 7.0
• Open source, easy to integrate, extend and deploy as a PaaS, self-hosted Cloud or on-premise
• Scalable, cloud-native architecture Alfresco’s open and modular approach provides you with a scalable content platform that can handle unstructured content and billions of documents.
• Increase user productivity and improved experience o Users benefit from native integrations into common cloud office suites with intuitive out-of-the box experiences optimized for common tasks.
• Increase security and compliance o Reduce business risk and strengthen compliance with information governance with unmatched combination of simplicity and control.
Highlights of Alfresco Content Services 7.0 new features
• Query Accelerator: New solution to provide highly scalable directed searches for large content repositories
• Installation & Deployment: New installers and utilities for bare-metal and containers deployments
• Renditions improvements: New capabilities to control and support large content repositories • Security & Risk Management: Functionality to support PII marking, security marks, privacy compliance
• Customisations: New Out-of-Process SDK to make transitions to this release from previous releases easier and support future-proofing customer & partner enhancements
• Early access to Search 3.0 with Elasticsearch. This is ideal for customers who want to evaluate Elasticsearch for ACS as an alternative to Solr ahead of the full release later this year.
• User Centric Workplace: Offline Mobile support, Microsoft 365 collaboration