Alfresco Search Services Git Repositories Infrastructure
Alfresco Search Team is using an internal Git Repository for development purposes. This repository is only accesible for Alfresco employees.
Branches, pull requests and commits are happening in this internal repository.
When master branch is updated or a release branch is released, an internal Travis Job is mirroring the changes to the public Community Git Repository.
How to provide Community contributions
Since Community users don't have access to the working Git repository, PRs and issues must be raised in the Community repository. Remember to add also a test for the change you are proposing.
Below a sample process is described.
1. Community member: Create an issue in Search Services Git project
2. Community member: Create a Pull Request with the proposed patch in Search Services Git project
3. Communit member + Alfresco: Refinement of the PR with Search Services Team
Approval for https://github.com/Alfresco/SearchServices/pull/382 is required
4. Alfresco: Create a JIRA Ticket
5. Alfresco: Cherry pick the changes to a new branch in Insight Engine Git project
6. Alfresco: Internal review and verification processes
7. Alfresco: Merge the branch to Insight Engine master branch and mirror the change into Search Services Git repository
8. Communit member + Alfresco: Close the Pull Request and the Issue in Search Services Git repository
Thanks to Michael Chen for his contribution! We're using their work as sample for this post.