The most significant addition is support for importing and exporting security groups in JSON format, via the new import-groups.py and export-groups.py scripts.
As well as this the import-users.py script has been made slightly more flexible, with the addition of a --users argument to allow you to import just a few users from a larger set. Since the sample data contains a large number of users that are used across all the different sample sites, you can now import just the users you need for a particular site.
As well as these functional improvements I've started cleaning up the code internally, an area I intend to focus a little more on over the next few weeks. For now I've just cleaned up the docstrings within each script, and updating the --help flags to re-use the usage information in there.
Last but not least, I should thank Dick from Formktek for reporting an issue with the user export script, which was causing some exported profile images to become corrupted when saved.
Beyond a few more tidy-ups the code is almost where I want it to be within the current constraints of the repository. But there have been a couple of ideas suggested for future uses of the scripts, so if there's a particular purpose you think the scripts could have or you just want to share your experiences, please leave a comment below.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.