502 error in LoadBalancer from Alfresco5.2 only for POST

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SG
Member II

502 error in LoadBalancer from Alfresco5.2 only for POST

The HTTP POST method is successfully executed in Alfresco (5.2 enterprises, Windows environment) and the document is successfully uploaded I can see it using Alfresco-UI, and there is no error in the Alfresco-log either. So, inside the Alfresco server, everything is fine.

However, the LoadBalancer (Tomcat 2.0, Windows) registers 502 Bad Gateway errors. This happens only for POST methods.

The other methods GET, PUT, and DELETE work and the Load Balancer correctly show 200 good message in the LoadBalancer log.

Now, the POST method has worked for the last 2+ years as-is with the same code and the platform/environment and there has not been any code change/deployment.

Now suddenly, all the POST methods are failing (throwing 502 errors in the LoadBalancer log) for every post no matter what the size of the document is, and no matter who the user is. All the POST messages are now failing meaning, it puts the document inside Alfresco repository but the LoadBalancer throws 502 error for every POST call.

I restarted the Alfresco server and after that restarted LoadBalancer but the 502 error is still found in the LoadBalancer (while the Alfresco successfully puts the document in the repository and I can see the document successfully using Share UI).

The networking team says that there is no communication block/firewall between the Alfresco Windows server and the LoadBalancer.

It is understood it is an older system but it had been doing its work for the last 2+ years. 

I wonder what to check for this 502 error in LoadBalancer only for the POST method. Any help, pointer, or what to check for will be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: 502 error in LoadBalancer from Alfresco5.2 only for POST

What are you using as Load Balancer ? Apache Webserver ? What exact version ? May you add your config ? 

However, the LoadBalancer (Tomcat 2.0, Windows) registers 502 Bad Gateway errors. This happens only for POST methods.