a bug in Alfresco Share 6.2 GA Community Locale settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4rsenaltt

a bug in Alfresco Share 6.2 GA Community Locale settings

I am adding the Persian language support for Alfresco Share. but there is absolutely a bug there. when I package my resources for the Persian language with this naming format:

<resource name>_fa.properties

the Share main web page (the Dashlets page) does not show Dashlets! it only shows the menu, the logo, and the footer (nothing more). other pages like my files, repository, document details, and ... are ok and the Persian resources are displayed. but when I package the resource files for example with the following format:

<resource name>_af.properties

(note that fa is replaced by af (African language).

everything is ok and the main page show correctly (with Dashlets)!

I am performing exactly the same actions for fa (Persian) and af(African) but the result is different. this is clearly a bug. is there any temporary fix that I can do?

I do emphasize that the steps for preparing the resources files and deploying them to the Share server is exactly the same except for the file names.

2 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: a bug in Alfresco Share 6.2 GA Community Locale settings

Hi @4rsenaltt,

If you have a support contract, raise a MNT ticket.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
afaust
Master

Re: a bug in Alfresco Share 6.2 GA Community Locale settings

I may be a bug, yes, but the question is for what specific component of all that is involved, from the browser to the underlying Java message bundle handling. Alfresco does not do much magic here, relying on what the Java platform already provides out-of-the-box, so I don't expect a general bug to be in the Alfresco code - also given that various other language packs exists for non-Western languages based on extended unicode character sets (Chinese / Japanese).

Can you provide a link to your project or sample files to showcase how the Persian language files look, i.e. what character set was used to defined their content (Java generally expects ISO-8859-1 files where unicode characters for non-latin languages should be provided in proper code points)?