I am trying to setup AAAR with Alfresco and facing issues.
The current setup is
Alfresco CE 201701GA / 5.2
Pentaho DI 7
Pentaho BA 7
During the AAAR installation phase I faced issues
The error shown was the following in catalina.out
2017/02/13 17:04:17 - Restore AAAR_Kettle - ERROR (version 22.214.171.124-25, build 1 from 2016-11-05 15.35.36 by buildguy) : We can not find file [file:///opt/pentaho-server/pentaho-solutions/system/AAAR/endpoints/kettle/src/Alfresco_5_2/PostgreSql/AAAR_Kettle_v6.sql]!
There is no "AAAR_Kettle_v6.sql" in that directory but "AAAR_Kettle_v7.sql" is present
I believe this is due to the setting in the following file "kettleVersion"
Also I noticed that inspite of me saving the settings from the pentaho console, during the AAAR installation my settings were getting changed to the default values like FTP port 1121 etc. When I monitored the file, when I skipped from "Alfresco" to "AAAR DataMart" to Pentaho Data Integration (kettle)" tabs in "Configure" section the file values were getting reverted back and finally when I installed the AAAR the values were not what I had provided.
I entered the values manually in the below file and it was taken by the install
Finally to get the install script working I had to create a symlink between "AAAR_Kettle_v6.sql" and "AAAR_Kettle_v7.sql"
I hope that doesn't mess the installation - but you need to definitely have a look at the mentioned issues
Mmmm, this seems to be a bug into the installation dashboards.
My suggestion is to rename "AAAR_Kettle_v7.sql" into "AAAR_Kettle_v6.sql" and you issue will disappear.
The issue affects the installation task only and not the correct setup of the environment.
I hope this will help you.
PS: I'm completing the Alflytics 5.0 (Alflytics is the new name of the AAAR module) and this kind of error will be naturally solved with a different (and easier) approach, so I don't plan to open an issue on github for this.
I just messed up the connections. Trying to get myself out. I used Spoon to troubleshoot. Now I'm having Source ID 0 error on Retrieving Source ID task. Need to find out what I setup wrong. Its fun to find the answer yourself. If I'm really really stuck I'll call for help hehe, thanks!