Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECATRSS
Member II

ACS Community deployment production single vm vmware 6.2

Jump to solution

Dear All,

We have a 5.1 ACS community running  on a CENTOS 7 VM on our vmware clusters ( +/-300GB Documents)

I want to upgrade and migrate our instance on a newer linux ( probably ubuntu) and to tha latest release of ACS.

What's the recommended way to deploy ?

( Deploying a full kubernetes cluster on top of our vmware infra is of course out of question. )

Have a nice Day

Etienne

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: ACS Community deployment production single vm vmware 6.2

Jump to solution

With "recommended" way it always depends on who you ask. Alfresco generally says that Kubernetes is the only recommended way. But they do provide sample files for Docker Compose deployments and regular custom Tomcat deploys are still very much possible. In my experience, there no reason not to use simple Docker Compose based deployments for Alfresco 6.x (or even earlier Alfresco versions using custom images). With regards to existing data, you only have to deal with a proper external mount for the content store and an export/import of your relational data into either a Dockerised database or any shared database service you might have running in your infrastructure, using the latest supported version corresponding to the target Alfresco version.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

With "recommended" way it always depends on who you ask. Alfresco generally says that Kubernetes is the only recommended way. But they do provide sample files for Docker Compose deployments and regular custom Tomcat deploys are still very much possible. In my experience, there no reason not to use simple Docker Compose based deployments for Alfresco 6.x (or even earlier Alfresco versions using custom images). With regards to existing data, you only have to deal with a proper external mount for the content store and an export/import of your relational data into either a Dockerised database or any shared database service you might have running in your infrastructure, using the latest supported version corresponding to the target Alfresco version.

fedorow
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

As you use communiti eddition, Docker Compose is proper solution.

I use three Ubuntu 18.04 servers on vmware cluster:

1. Alfresco with three maped external drives: fast SSD for solr indexes; fast SSD for database, slow SAS HDD for repository files.
  2. OnlyOffice online editor (useful option).
  3. Accessory server: local GitLab for configuration versions control and CI/CD deployment; and local Docker repository for storing and rebuild images offline.
ECATRSS
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks you both for you fast answer !

Etienne