cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinEisenhut
Member II

ACS Community Install Ansible Rocky 8 error LibreOffice not defined

Hello,

while installing ACS Community via Ansible script on an Rocky8 (with the vars copied from Centos8.yml to Rocky8.yml).

I did this install on Friday on a Rocky8 VM (sitting on top of Proxmox) an it worked flawlessly. No i am doing the same on an Rocky8 VM (also sitting on top of Proxmox).

There is an error while trying to fetch the libreoffice packages.

TASK [../roles/transformers : Download libreoffice package archive] ********************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [transformers_1]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The task includes an option with an undefined variable. The error was: {{  libreoffice_repo }}/{{ libreoffice_repo_path }}/{{ libreoffice_archive_name }}: {{ libreoffice }}/{{ pkg_format }}/{{ ansible_architecture }}: 'libreoffice' is undefined\n\nThe error appears to be in '/home/alfresco/alfresco-ansible-deployment-1.1.1/roles/transformers/tas ks/main.yml': line 7, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n\n- name: Download libreoffice package archive\n ^

Does anybody else see this error and has a hint how to fix it ?

I manually installed libreoffice6.3, the Version which got downloaded on the Rocky8 VM where everything went fine. But it made no difference. My Problem is that this two machines are distinct only in the case that its a different Proxmox host they are running on.

Kind regards

Martin

1 Reply
MartinEisenhut
Member II

Re: ACS Community Install Ansible Rocky 8 error LibreOffice not defined

I could identify the problem which causes this error.

It seems that from 09.12.2022 to 12.12.2022 the ansible install script changed.

When looking at the error output from the ansible script i noticed a second space at this place in the terminal output.

There is a second space between: "The error was:{{"  and  " libreoffice_repo }}. When putting this output into an texteditor i can see that this is not a second space but an special char.

The error was: {{  <0xa0>libreoffice_repo }}/{{ libreoffice_repo_path }}

There is <0xa0> visible in the texteditor.

So i zipped the deployment script from 09.12.2022 and moved it to the Rocky8 VM, using this script the error is gone.

So someone accidently put a 0xa0 aka No-Break Space Character into the ansible script.

But i could not found the place to edit this in the new script so i had to use the old one from 09.12.

Maybe someone sees this who knows where to find the line with this special char which causes the installer to break.

Kind regards