AD sync SizeLimitExceededException with LDAP: error code 4

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dharmendra_pan2
Active Member II

AD sync SizeLimitExceededException with LDAP: error code 4

I am getting the following error message when tring to sync alfresco with AD attached the error logs and ldap properties file.

does anyone have this error message before? I am running alfresco community edidion 201707GA

Caused by: javax.naming.SizeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 4 - Sizelimit Exceeded]; remaining name 'ou=Personer,o=MRFA'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3188)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:3082)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2888)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1846)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1769)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(ComponentDirContext.java:392)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:358)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:341)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(InitialDirContext.java:267)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.sync.ldap.LDAPUserRegistry$PersonCollection$PersonIterator.fetchNext(LDAPUserRegistry.java:1795)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.sync.ldap.LDAPUserRegistry$PersonCollection$PersonIterator.next(LDAPUserRegistry.java:1635)

Regards

Dharmendra

2 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: AD sync SizeLimitExceededException with LDAP: error code 4

It looks like your userSearchBase is returning more elements that allowed. 

ldap.synchronization.userSearchBase=ou\=Personer,o\=MRFA

By default LDAP server has a 1,000 entries limit, but you can configure your LDAP to return more than that. 

Hyland Developer Evangelist
dharmendra_pan2
Active Member II

Re: AD sync SizeLimitExceededException with LDAP: error code 4

Thanks for suggestion and help, I have contact my AD team to set the large value.

• MaxPageSize - This value controls the maximum number of objects that are returned in a single search result, independent of how large each returned object is. To perform a search where the result might exceed this number of objects, the client must specify the paged search control. This is to group the returned results in groups that are no larger than the MaxPageSize value. To summarize, MaxPageSize controls the number of objects that are returned in a single search result.

Default value: 1,000