cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btagis
Member II

Add weighting to search fields (including custom model) - Solr 4

Hello all,

We're implementing a small-scale Alfresco (Community edition, 2018-03) installation in my office, and it does most of what we need out of the box. We do however need to tweak some things.

I'm trying to tune our search results in Alfresco and having a tough time trying to find how to do this. I'd like to add weighting to specific fields, for example, if a term is matched within cm:title, assign it a weighting greater than that of cm:description. I'd like that to come through in the 'score'.

I would also like to bump up the weighting within search results from my own custom (bootstrapped) model.

The most likely suspect I see is the Solr 4 configuration in \alfresco-community\solr4\workspace-SpacesStore\conf\solrconfig.xml, but I'm not sure whether this file is in use, how the solr fields relate to those in Alfresco, or how I'd go about referencing custom model entities.

Regards, Ben.

8 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Add weighting to search fields (including custom model) - Solr 4

Alfresco 201803 is tagged as EA. This means that this version is beta, not ready to use in prod environments. Last "GA" release is 201707-GA.

Anyway you can take a look at Insight Engine Early Access Program to understand all the features that will be available in Alfresco Search Services for Alfresco 6.x release.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
btagis
Member II

Hi Angel,

sorry, yes - we're using 2017-07 GA on the production machine, not 2018-03. My mistake.

cesarista
Customer

Angel Borroy‌ is Insight Engine Early Access Program public ? 

Regards.

--C.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

I don't know, is it?

Hyland Developer Evangelist
cesarista
Customer

I got unauthorized Smiley Sad

--C.

afaust
Master

Angel is only able to see that space because he - like me - is a moderator. That space is an Enterprise-partner/-customer only early access program (typically, all special early access program spaces on this platform are for Enterprise-partners/-customers).

cesarista
Customer

Thanks Axel Faust‌, for the clarification.

--C.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

I think you are refering to use some kind of edismax query in SOLR with a qf and some weighted defined fields for custom metadata. But SOLR uses afts querys by default.

Maybe you can inspect in SOLR admin to see the available fields, cores configuration,.. even do some queries such as:

q=DOC_TYPE:"Node"
fl=TYPE,SITE

q=cm:name:"Project Contract.pdf"
fl=TYPE,SITE,OWNER,NPATH,APATH

This is done with Alfresco Search Services based on SOLR 6.

Regards.

--C.