Adding tags to documents in JAVA API.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan

Adding tags to documents in JAVA API.

I know there is a way to add tags to a file by getting a list of the tags with name and id, and then add it as properties to a document.

But I have a problem on finding the jar file for the following import:

import org.alfresco.service.cmr.tagging;

I looked all over the places but couldn't find it. 

My first thought is deprecated or removed as functionality from Java API.

Can someone help me get this jar file?

Thank you.

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Adding tags to documents in JAVA API.

You Need the alfresco-repository-XX.jar which you can get by including a Maven dependency on the org.alfresco:alfresco-repository artifact in your POM (assuming you are using e.g. the Alfresco SDK).

dan

Indeed Axel, I checked it on Maven online dependencies, but I couldn't find it. I got the Alfresco Core and other repositories, but seems that library is not included in those packages. I don't know where else to look for this library. I also checked  Download alfresco-core-2.2.0.jar : alfresco « a « Jar File Download  for the jar files, but again this library for tagging is not included. 

Looks like I got to a dead end. 

Any help is truly appreciated. 

Thank you.

afaust
Master

I said you needed the alfresco-repository-XX.jar and you checked the alfresco-core-XX.jar of an extremely old version? Why did you not look in the Alfresco repository? Sources like java2s are unofficial and may have extremely varying degrees of quality anyway - they should not exist at all if people didn't blindly follow Google search results.

dan

Thank you Axel, it looked like I had an outdated version. You opened up my eyes.

I appreciate your help. Desperation made me trust Google's first page results.

Thank you again.

Regards, 

Dan.