Additional index over a Network-Share

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spawn

Additional index over a Network-Share

Jump to solution

I'd like to index an extra drive. So not only the <alf_data>/contentstore but also a netshare which is mounted at /mnt/. This is a folder from my old "DMS". Only storing old documents like PDFs, DOCs, XMLs, and so on. Is anything like this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: Additional index over a Network-Share

Jump to solution

If you want the content to be indexed by alfresco and work with alfrescos GUIs, you would have to import the files to the repository. If you want to write your own "search-page" you could index your /mnt dir with Solr, Elasticsearch... that have been fed with your external content and integrate alfrescos search result (new REST API) and the result of the external index.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

If you want the content to be indexed by alfresco and work with alfrescos GUIs, you would have to import the files to the repository. If you want to write your own "search-page" you could index your /mnt dir with Solr, Elasticsearch... that have been fed with your external content and integrate alfrescos search result (new REST API) and the result of the external index.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

In addition, you can easily import your extra drive via Filesystem Bulk Import module. 

Using the Bulk Import tool | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards.

--C. 

spawn

Jump to solution

Hi,

the only problem is: i do not have enough space on the alfresco system. The old "DMS" was a big one Smiley Happy

But thx.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Then, you should change and copy the current alf_data/contentstore to a new bigger mount point with enough space. And then import the old DMS.

- Configuring contentstore and SOLR indices in Alfresco 5 - zylk 

Regards.

--C.

spawn

Jump to solution

Hi all,

is it possible to add the fileshare to the Solr4 search from existing Alfresco 5.2? I don't want to edit the external files. The files should only be fond via full text search.

Or do i need install/config an additional Solr4.

THX Guys