Admin user created while startup is not expiring.Only the users created manually are expiring

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poojad
Member II

Admin user created while startup is not expiring.Only the users created manually are expiring

We are using Alfresco community version 4.2 . We have created users of our application in alfresco as well. The problem is that after evry 27-28th day the password is expired. We have not made any configurations regarding that. Can anyone tell me where ex

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: We are using Alfresco community version 4.2 . We have created users of our application in alfresco as well. The problem is that after evry 27-28th day the password is expired. We have not made any configurations regarding that. Can anyone tell me wher

Alfresco has no expiration of users / passwords. Are you sure the users were created in Alfresco and not in some directory service (with expiration policies in place) and then synched to Alfresco?

poojad
Member II

Re: We are using Alfresco community version 4.2 . We have created users of our application in alfresco as well. The problem is that after evry 27-28th day the password is expired. We have not made any configurations regarding that. Can anyone tell me wher

Yes we have directly created user in Alfresco using create User API. In JSON, we are just passing user name, password and group assigned to that user. We have our application database in which passwords of users are stored in encrypted form. Whenever new user is being created in our application, at that moment we are creating same user in Alfresco. And our application password expiration is 365 days but due to Alfresco we changed it to 28 days.  But still it is not working. I have checked the basic configuration files but didn't find anything regarding to password expiration.