Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasl
Member II

Afresco 201901 GA (6.1.2) search not worked

Jump to solution

Dear, developers!

Is the overall community 201901 GA (6.1) distributive search mechanism problem or incorrect configuration?

Installed software:

DB:          10.3.12-MariaDB MariaDB Server
Tomcat:    Apache Tomcat 8.5
JDK:          openjdk version "11" 2018-09-25 OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11+28) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11+28, mixed mode)

alfresco-search-services:             Alfresco Search Services 1.3.0.1 using Apache Solr 6.6.5
alfresco:                      alfresco-content-services-community-distribution-6.1.2-ga

Search Case:

1. Open dashboard
2. Create site title 'abc'
3. In search field enter 'abc' - got no result

Analysis:

1. Turn on debug

Edit file ${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties
Add the line:
log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.DbOrIndexSwitchingQueryLanguage=debug

2. Restart tomcat
3. Reproduce the steps
4. See log catalina.out for stacktrace with exception
[impl.solr.DbOrIndexSwitchingQueryLanguage]
org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.querymodel.QueryModelException: 07010023 Analysis mode not supported for DB DEFAULT

Workaround:
1. Edit SiteServiceImpl.java in (added '=' sign before cm)
line:911 query.append(" =cm:name:\" ");
line:923 query.append(" OR ").append(" =cm:title: ");
line:926 query.append(" OR =cm:description:\"" + escNameFilter + "\"");
2. Recompile SiteServiceImpl.class
3. Update file in archive alfresco-repository-7.43.jar/uzip://org/alfresco/repo/site/SiteServiceImpl.class
4. Restart tomcat
5. On dashboard try test case again and we see result without error

And:
All other searches for folder, user, sites on other pages and so on doesn't work too with different reasons

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Afresco 201901 GA (6.1.2) search not worked

Jump to solution

It is likely some kind of configuration issue. I have been using 6.1.2 GA with Search Services 1.3.x for a couple of customers now (production systems and demo environments), and have had no issues with search behaviour. Since you listed Fedora as an OS, I am assuming you did a manual setup instead of using the default Docker images...

The exception you listed is actually not a real error - it just states that the specific query in question cannot be executed via the DB, and a fallback to SOLR / Search Services should be attempted after that, provided the integration is properly configured and SOLR is running correctly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

It is likely some kind of configuration issue. I have been using 6.1.2 GA with Search Services 1.3.x for a couple of customers now (production systems and demo environments), and have had no issues with search behaviour. Since you listed Fedora as an OS, I am assuming you did a manual setup instead of using the default Docker images...

The exception you listed is actually not a real error - it just states that the specific query in question cannot be executed via the DB, and a fallback to SOLR / Search Services should be attempted after that, provided the integration is properly configured and SOLR is running correctly.

rasl
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Axel! 

A little bit clear now.

Yes, I'm not using Docker and this is manual setup with Search Services 1.3 without mutual TLS which was shutdowned before tests (with this service enabled also not works). I thought the installation manuals sufficient.

Looks like it is wrong chosen DB (just using standard from Fedora repository).

Ok, will try other configuration.