[Alfresco 5.2] jodconverter does not work anymore

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC83

[Alfresco 5.2] jodconverter does not work anymore

Hi,

I'm using (from almost 2 years) Alfresco Enterprise 5.2.4 and libreoffice as a jodconverter.

Last end of years, I began to have trouble with jodvonverter but a simple soffice service restart was working.

This is not the case anymore. I even restarted the server but impossible to have any transformation

I can't figure out was it this "code = 81" and I can't find how to change the command (after searching it look like --headless option is not that good and should not be use to run process in background)

Could someone help me ?

Thanks !

mai 11, 2022 8:11:26 AM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager <init>
INFOS: ProcessManager implementation is LinuxProcessManager
mai 11, 2022 8:11:26 AM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess start
INFOS: Using original OpenOffice command: [/opt/alfresco-content-services/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin, -accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;, -env:UserInstallation=file:///opt/alfresco-content-services/tomcat/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-8100, -headless, -nocrashreport, -nodefault, -nofirststartwizard, -nolockcheck, -nologo, -norestore]
mai 11, 2022 8:11:26 AM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess start
INFOS: starting process with acceptString 'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1' and profileDir '/opt/alfresco-content-services/tomcat/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-8100'
INFOS: started process; pid = 5553
mai 11, 2022 8:11:27 AM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ManagedOfficeProcess$6 attempt
AVERTISSEMENT: office process died with exit code 81; restarting it
4 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: [Alfresco 5.2] jodconverter does not work anymore

This seems like some known issues based on what i found, you can check here:

https://github.com/sbraconnier/jodconverter/issues/48

https://github.com/unoconv/unoconv/issues/192

However, Can you share your jodconvertor configs from alfresco-global.properties ? so we can take a look.

Within Alfresco, you can transform a document from one format to another. This feature requires you to install LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org.

OOoJODconverter

The JODConverter integration, which is a library that improves the stability and performance of OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice within Alfresco. The OOoJODConverter runs on the same machine as the Alfresco server and it supports:
- a pool of separate OpenOffice processes
- automatic restart of crashed OpenOffice processes
- automatic termination of slow OpenOffice operations
- automatic restart of any OpenOffice process after a number of operations (this is a workaround for OpenOffice memory leaks)

OOoDirect

The subsystem for direct OpenOffice integration, in which the Alfresco server manages OpenOffice directly. To enable or disable this subsystem, use the following property:
ooo.enabled=false/true

By default, the OOoDirect subsystem is enabled, and the OOoJodconverter subsystem is disabled. Although it is possible to run both subsystems, Alfresco recommends that you enable only one at a time. To take advantage of the stability and performance benefits of the OOoJodconverter subsystem, ensure that you disable OOoDirect and enable OOoJodConverter using the following properties in the alfresco-global.properties file:

ooo.enabled=false
jodconverter.enabled=true

Here is an example:
alfresco-pdf-renderer.root=C:/alfresco-community62ga/alfresco-pdf-renderer
alfresco-pdf-renderer.exe=${alfresco-pdf-renderer.root}/alfresco-pdf-renderer.exe img.root=C:/alfresco-community62ga/imagemagick img.dyn=${img.root}/lib img.exe=${img.root}/convert.exe img.coders=${img.root}/modules/coders img.config=${img.root} img.gslib=${img.root}/lib ooo.exe=C:/alfresco-community62ga/libreoffice/program/soffice.exe ooo.enabled=false ooo.port=8100 jodconverter.enabled=true jodconverter.officeHome=C:/alfresco-community62ga/libreoffice jodconverter.portNumbers=8100

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
JC83

Many thanks for the answers

I'm using libreoffice with this configuration :

### External executable locations ###
ooo.exe=/opt/alfresco-content-services/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin
ooo.enabled=false
ooo.port=8100
img.root=/opt/alfresco-content-services/common
img.dyn=${img.root}/lib
img.exe=${img.root}/bin/convert
alfresco-pdf-renderer.root=/opt/alfresco-content-services/common/alfresco-pdf-renderer
alfresco-pdf-renderer.exe=${alfresco-pdf-renderer.root}/alfresco-pdf-renderer

jodconverter.officeHome=/opt/alfresco-content-services/libreoffice
jodconverter.portNumbers=8100

I already saw the two links, thank you again, but it suggest to update some Java code .. I guess it's alfresco code and I don't know how to do this ..

I also found some detailed thread indicating that the issue is with the "headless" option .. but I did not found how to modify the way Alfresco start jodconverter .. have you any idea ?

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

ooo.enabled=false

Having above properties set, alfresco is able to manage the startup and shutdown of the services itself.  I did not get into much details on those links.

It is almost not practical to change a code as it is still not sure whether it is code issue or environment issue. Can you also check the libreoffice version you are running with ACS5.2: https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/5.2/support/

Make sure it is matching.

Here is repo in case you want to refer, a lot has been changed since 5.2, all transformation related items are also moved to a different service:

https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-community-repo

https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-transform-core

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
JC83

Thanks for the answer

versions are matching, I'm using LibreOffice 5.2.

I'm about to update Alfresco from 5 to 7 but it will take time ..

Waiting for the new version, is there a way I can't add another service to transfort doc* to pdf ?