Alfresco 5.2 solr reindex

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
udayakumar_p

Alfresco 5.2 solr reindex

Hi,

After upgrading from alfresco 5.0 to 5.2, we found that every change in the content model requires full reindex of solr.

Is that the design? If i add a new content model or edit existing model, why do we need to reindex solr?

Without reindex, the changes are not reflected.

What is the solution for this?

10 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco 5.2 solr reindex

You do not need to perform a full reindex for all changes. You only need to perform a reindex for non-incremental changes, such as modifying an already existing type/aspect/property, renaming or deleting that. If your model contains only one such non-incremental change, than all other changes will not be processed by SOLR.

udayakumar_p

Thanks. Can you tell me how to do reindex of incremental changes?

Note: We don't have solr admin site for our alfresco website

afaust
Master

Reindexing incremental changes does not require anything special. You just need to have Repository and SOLR running, and it should work out of the box. If you have issues, always check your solr.log and provide any error messages you find here.

udayakumar_p

Can you please provide the steps to do incremental reindex?

Note: we are not using model manager neither AMP

mehe
Senior Member II

Like Axel said, you don‘t have to do anything if your model only has „backwards compatilbe“ changes. If not or if you are unshure, do a full reindex.

udayakumar_p

Let me put it in this way.

If i add a new model - do i need a full reindex?

If i edit the existing model say i change the data type of a property -  Do i need a full reindex?

Without doing anything i observed that the changes are not picked up.

mehe
Senior Member II

No need to reindex if a new (additional) model is deployed or a property is added. You have to reindex if you change an already existing property.

mehe
Senior Member II

How do you deploy your model?

udayakumar_p

We have a commonModel.xml file where we defined all the custom models. If i want to add a new model,i go and add it to the file and restart the alfresco. By this way, alfresco is able to pick up the changes but when do a CMIS query the content is not returned, After doing a full reindex of solr we are able to query the content