cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcog
Partner

Alfresco 6.2 without using the login screen to open Word using AOS

Hi,

I need to use Alfresco Share with the AOS feature to open .doc documents, for example.

Every time I'm going to edit a document using the Edit MS-Office action from Share, Word opens an authentication window.

I am looking to use editing by AOS - Office and what is the best strategy for this?

I am using the SSL-enabled docker-compose.yml, but Word still asks for credentials to open the document. I tried to use the Windows registry procedure without success.

Authentication is using chain: Ntlm and LDAP-AD.

Is there a roadmap for you to follow?

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco 6.2 without using the login screen to open Word using AOS

In most scenarios, you can only hope to use AOS without login prompt if you set up a single sign-on (SSO) configuration against your domain controller, typically using Kerberos or potentially using AIMS with federated authentication to an IdP in your infrastructure. Since Office uses a different HTTP connection / session to your browser (this cannot be changed in any way - it is a separate process after all), it needs to authenticate that connection. Unless you use SSO, this necessitates the login screen. Setting up Kerberos is reasonably well documented. AIMS is poorly documented.

marcog
Partner

Re: Alfresco 6.2 without using the login screen to open Word using AOS

Thanks Faust,

I´ll try this way to do run without box login.

Marco