cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Alfresco 6 Deploy jar

Jump to solution

If you are using SDK, then simply add the dependency under repo/share docker module e.g.

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.github.abhinavmishra14</groupId>
<artifactId>acs6-project-platform</artifactId>
<version>${project.parent.version}</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>com.github.abhinavmishra14</groupId>
<artifactId>acs6-project-integration-tests</artifactId>
<version>${project.parent.version}</version>
<scope>test</scope>
<classifier>tests</classifier>
</dependency>

<!-- Add any additional AMPs or extension JARs here that you want to be deployed in Alfresco -->

</dependencies>

After adding the dependency, build the project again. Use /run.bat (run.sh) build_start.

Copy the jar file to lib folder of acs and share if you are not building via sdk::

$TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/ (for repo layer)  e.g. /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/

$TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/share/WEB-INF/lib/  (for share). e.g. /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/share/WEB-INF/lib/

The above directory structures are from Alfresco 6.1 based on docker

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
playerro

Jump to solution

I just copied my jars to $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/ and restarted via docker-compose restart and nothing happened, it doesnt see the module

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Vladimir Ivanov I am not sure how you copied the files and what steps you followed to restart the container. But it works as mentioned.

Can you try the steps as i have outlined below:

Suppose I have a "javascript-console-repo" module jar file which i wanted to copy to the lib folder i.e. $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/ (/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/) 

Steps:

1- Confirm what all modules are installed by tailing the log of already running container:

6 modules found:

2- Find out the container id using below command:

"docker container ls"

3- Take the container id of alfresco repository and get the full container id.

"docker inspect -f '{{.Id}}' <CONTAINER_ID>"

e.g.  docker inspect -f '{{.Id}}' c2379f72c0cd  (here c2379f72c0cd is the container id)

4- Using full container id, execute the below given command to copy the file to appropriate location:

"docker cp D:\addOns\javascript-console-repo-0.6.jar c2379f72c0cd27b052f2b09a8d6e8926ac8676b0fa995eca8de4ce736c602d90:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib"

Jar file is located in a folder on my windows laptop.

5- Check if the jar file is copied to correct location, run following command to connect to container:

"docker exec -t -i docker_acs6-aio-demo-project-acs_1 /bin/bash" (here docker_acs6-aio-demo-project-acs_1 is the name of my alfresco container)

After you connect to container, use the command: "find / -name javascript-console-repo-0.6.jar" to locate the jar file recently copied.

6- Now restart the container, use following command:

"docker restart <CONTAINER_ID>"

e.g. docker restart c2379f72c0cd  (here c2379f72c0cd is the container id)

7- Tail the log to see latest modules list:

7 Modules found. see newly added module as highlighted:

~Abhinav
playerro

Jump to solution

I just copied my jar file(what about non-jars files?) to alfresco repo container into "container_id:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib" and made docker-compose restart, but there no modules except Alfresco / Google Docs Share Module (watching via modules browser via share).

Also, if there any way to install amp module into docker container? I'm trying this via 

alfresco-mmt.jar

but gets error "Error: Unable to access jarfile alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt.jar"

As I see another issues, it is recommended not to install modules in containers and to make own docker images, so is it really impossible to install modules into docker?

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

It would be better if you could use SDK to build the image with your customization within. Else you will have to manually deploy the jar files/amps/configs every time. 

If you attempting to apply amps, You can copy your amp file directly to "$TOMCAT_DIR/amps (/usr/local/tomcat/amps)" and try if that works. 

This is what you would see in $TOMCAT_DIR/amps. A Dockerfile and some amps. 

If you open Dockerfile in editor, you can see it is trying to apply all the amps:

~Abhinav
playerro

Jump to solution

All is working, thanks!