cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nettania
Active Member II

Alfresco 6 hangs at Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

Jump to solution

As already mentioned I am currently deploying Alfresco 6 for the first time on a W2019 server with PostgreSQL 11, tomcat 8 and openjdk 11.

Currentley everything seems to be configured in a proper way, but when I try to start the tomcat server, the server stucks at "Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext" and the side is loading for an endless time without a result.

I have changed the log level to debug and now I can see the following error in the alfresco.log:

connect fail to tcp://localhost:61616, reason {} java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Is this the reason why the application context is not loaded, and if so, how can I resolve it?

Thanks,

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nettania
Active Member II

Re: Alfresco 6 hangs at Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

Jump to solution

Okay, I was able to resolve this issue. The reason is a lack in the documentation. With the default settings Alresco 6 needs a running ActiveMQ messageing server, otherwise it will not start. You need to add the following configuration to alfresco-global.properties to disable messaging:

messaging.subsystem.autoStart=false

Thanks to Axel Faust:  

I will write a short bloge entry how to deploy alfresco 6 as distribution, because this seems not to be well documented, link will follow.

Florian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nettania
Active Member II

Re: Alfresco 6 hangs at Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

Jump to solution

Okay, I was able to resolve this issue. The reason is a lack in the documentation. With the default settings Alresco 6 needs a running ActiveMQ messageing server, otherwise it will not start. You need to add the following configuration to alfresco-global.properties to disable messaging:

messaging.subsystem.autoStart=false

Thanks to Axel Faust:  

I will write a short bloge entry how to deploy alfresco 6 as distribution, because this seems not to be well documented, link will follow.

Florian