Alfresco 6 sdk 4 and Share hot reload (template and JS)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefanet
Customer

Alfresco 6 sdk 4 and Share hot reload (template and JS)

Hi,

Im' new with Alfresco and started generating an sdk 4 project "All in one". Works fine. Build and starting are ok.
I have hot reload working with platform code (Java and JS) but I can't hot reload Share resources (Templates and JS).
I tried to refresh Share webscripts, but it doesn't work.
Is there a way, to make that work ? How do you work with Share developpment without restarting the server at any time ? Did someone managed to make it work ? I didn't find informations with sdk 4 and this problem.
Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

2 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Alfresco 6 sdk 4 and Share hot reload (template and JS)

Hi @stefanet & welcome to Alfresco!

There is reference to using JRebel (paid) & HotSwapAgent (free) in the 5.2/SKD 3 docs (https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/tasks/sdk-hot-reload-jrebel.html). However, neither is mentioned in the 6.2/SDK4 docs but in https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-sdk/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md both are mentioned. That said I've been told HotSwap only works in the repo layer, not Share. So, I'd recommend looking at JRebel.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
stefanet
Customer

Re: Alfresco 6 sdk 4 and Share hot reload (template and JS)

Hi @EddieMay ,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a JRebel licence at the office. We used the HotswapAgent solutions in Alfresco 5 sdk3 and it works well. Now we want to upgrade to sdk 4 and we are surprised that JRebel is the only hot reload solution for sdk 4 on the Share part (Template/JS). Many developpers will have the same problems. Does it mean that the JRebel solution is the only one if you want to use sdk 4 ? We are surprised that this sdk upgrade forces developpers to buy a JRebel licence.

We would like to have developper experiences with sdk 4 but without JRebel. How it is possible to work with sdk 4 like we did in sdk 3. Did someone has solved this problem ?

Thanks for sharing your UX.

Regards

Stefan