cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keiner
Customer

Alfresco 7.2 MSSQL

Hello, 

I'm using Alfresco 7.2 version with docker and it's configured to use postgres database. I want to get connected to SQL Server. The idea is to use a docker-compose so I want to know if I just need to update the JAVA_OPTS (driver, url, user and password). I changed those parameters but I can't still get connected.

The way I found was changing the alfresco-global.properties file. Is this the only way or I can use the JAVA_OPTS option? In other word, what's the best approach to connect to SQL Server instance with alfresco 7.2 version?

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Alfresco 7.2 MSSQL

Are you using Community or Enterprise edition?

If you are using Enterprise (Community version only supports PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB) this may help you:

https://github.com/aborroy/search-2568

Hyland Developer Evangelist
Keiner
Customer

I'm using Enterprice. I tried the connection by changing the JAVA_OPTS but it didn't work; it work when I move that to alfresco-global.properties. Wondering what's the correct way to configure MSSQL in docker-compose so I don't have to use alfresco-global.properties

Keiner
Customer

I forgot to mention. I don't want to use the mssql container but an external database instead