Ciao a tutti, volevo sapere se qualcuno ha già installato alfresco 7 community con docker ed ho alcune domande
- E' consigliabile mettere tutto sulla stessa macchina così com'è utilizzando il docker-compose di base?
- E' possibile mettere un'istanza docker (solr, repository, share) su macchine separate e se si quanto tempo comporta l'installazione?
- Di quanta ram e storage c'è bisogno per ogni istanza?
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone has already installed alfresco 7 community with docker and I have some questions
- Is it advisable to put everything on the same machine as it is using the basic docker-compose?
- Is it possible to put a docker instance (solr, repository, share) on separate machines and if so how long does the installation take?
- How much ram and storage do you need for each instance?
1- Is it advisable to put everything on the same machine as it is using the basic docker-compose? ---> You can run everything typically on same machine, this is same as previous versions only deployment methods has changed. If you are running a low load work it will work fine for you. e.g. dev environment
2- Is it possible to put a docker instance (solr, repository, share) on separate machines and if so how long does the installation take? ---> Yes, you can. It depends. If you are deploying basic services, you can create separate docker-comopse.yml files and deploy on separate machines and make sure services are able to communicate each other. Networking and ports should be set appropriate in this case.
3- How much ram and storage do you need for each instance? ---> for basic setup 8-12 gb should work on same machine. If you are installing on separate machines then requirement will be lesser. but still depends on type of load you are planning.
Refer these docs, they are old but relevant. Not able to attach here so use below links: