cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mindtpi
Member II

Alfresco and Synology in Docker

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm new to Alfresco and have been running on a Synology NAS inside Docker - it seems to work OK but I have a question regarding adding files and indexing. Can you set it up so that it automatically adds and indexes files off a share point on the NAS (that mirrors the folder structure on the NAS) or do you have to manually drag/drop them into the Alfresco web interface? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Alfresco and Synology in Docker

Jump to solution

You need to add files to Alfresco using any of the existing APIs. Alfresco stores not only files but also metadata. If you have files on a NAS you need a process to import this files to Alfresco repository.

You can use FTP, CMIS or REST API to add these files.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

You need to add files to Alfresco using any of the existing APIs. Alfresco stores not only files but also metadata. If you have files on a NAS you need a process to import this files to Alfresco repository.

You can use FTP, CMIS or REST API to add these files.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
fedorow
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I don't clearly understand your issue. The best way to add documents in the Alfresco repository is Bulk Import. Afrer this Alfresco automaticaly makes indexes. If you want to add some additional metadata during the import, you should make some configuration, and it depends on the details.

mindtpi
Member II

Jump to solution

What I meant was that I wanted to set up some sort of automated watched folder that imported the files into Alfresco and matched the folder structure or the source, but it doesn't look like this is possible. Thanks for you reply though....