cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_nadeau

Alfresco Audit Analysis Import error: Unexpected end of file from server

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the Alfresco Audit and Reporting plugin.  It looks like the perfect add on for our audit and reporting requirement.  Thank you Francesco!  Before I can deploy it to our production site I need to get it working in a test environment so I can demo it to my boss.  On my workstation I set up Alfresco Community - 5.2.0 (r135134-b14), Pentaho Community Ed. 7.0.0.0.25, and Postgres 9.6.2.  Java is 1.8.0_131.  OS is Windows 8.1.  HP Workstation.

The problem I'm having is during the extract.  I'm getting a java.net.SocketException error during the REST calls to my Alfresco.   Unexpected end of file from server.  The alfresco api and AAAR REST calls all work fine from the browser.  It is only during the extract that it is not working.  The first AlfrescoAudit file is created.  The others are all empty.

2017/05/18 11:54:23 - HTTP - Start of HTTP job entry.
2017/05/18 11:54:23 - HTTP - Connecting to URL: http://localhost:8088/alfresco/service/api/workflow-definitions
2017/05/18 11:56:53 - HTTP - ERROR (version 7.0.0.0-25, build 1 from 2016-11-05 15.35.36 by buildguy) : I was unable to save the HTTP result to file because of a I/O error: Unexpected end of file from server

I've tried a couple of things but the error is always the same.  Here are some of the things I've done.

Upgraded to Java 64 bit version.  (had memory errors)

Moved default Alfresco database to installed Postgres (no difference)

In alfresco-global.properties defined db.url as jdbcSmiley Tongueostgresql://localhost:5433/alfresco.  (imbedded properties caused REST errors)

Moved temporary folder from local to f:/Temp by setting -Djava.io.tmpdir=f:\Temp in Spoon.bat.  I tried f:\Temp and f:\Temp\ (no difference)

Changed java from jre to jdk and back to jre.  (in case of missing jar's)

Any ideas for further investigation would be a big help.

Thank you,

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael_nadeau

Re: Alfresco Audit Analysis Import error: Unexpected end of file from server

Jump to solution

Hi Francesco,  We got AAAR working.  We took your advice and used a version of Alfresco not installed on my local PC.  That was the only change made.  We used our dev Alfresco EE instance (ver 5.0.x).  The AAAR_Extract.bat script ran to completion and all data was imported into the AAAR_DataMart database.  I don't know what the problem was. Perhaps there is a port contention between the local Pentaho and local Alfresco instances.  In either case there was not a AAAR problem.  Feel free to email me if you want me to test Alflytics on Windows.  Thank You.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the feedback.

Considering it is a POC and you are running Alfresco 5.2, why don't you try Alflytics?

You can find it here: GitHub - fcorti/Alflytics: The Open Source Business Intelligence solution over the Alfresco platform... 

(Manual: Alflytics/Alflytics-Manual.pdf at master · fcorti/Alflytics · GitHub)

AAAR is not tested to run on Alfresco 5.2 but it should not be a big deal to make  it work.
Let me know if you'd prefer to check into the AAAR issue instead.

michael_nadeau

Jump to solution

Hello Francesco,

Thank you for replying. I took your advice and tried Alflytics. I ran into two problems. The first was when I tried to install from the master branch. When I started the pentaho server and attempted to load the Alflytics plugin I received a InvocationTargetException exception.

2017/05/19 14:35:59 - OUTPUT.0 - Finished processing (I=0, O=0, R=2, W=2, U=0, E=0)

14:36:03,521 ERROR

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown plugin

at pt.webdetails.cpf.repository.pentaho.SystemPluginResourceAccess.initPathFromClassLoader(SystemPluginResourceAccess.java:53)

at pt.webdetails.cpf.repository.pentaho.SystemPluginResourceAccess.(SystemPluginResourceAccess.java:44)

at pt.webdetails.cpf.PentahoBasePluginEnvironment.getOtherPluginSystemReader(PentahoBasePluginEnvironment.java:56)

at pt.webdetails.cdf.dd.util.Utils.getSystemReadAccess(Utils.java:255)

at pt.webdetails.cdf.dd.util.Utils.getSystemReadAccess(Utils.java:247)

at pt.webdetails.cdf.dd.util.Utils.getSystemOrUserReadAccess(Utils.java:394)

at pt.webdetails.cdf.dd.api.RenderApi.render(RenderApi.java:167)

... 101 more

I then tried version v5.0.EA. It loaded fine and the main page came up. But when I tried to run the install it I received an error when trying to copy the web.xml file. The colon is an illegal char in Windows. Sigh. I do wish I could do this in Linux.

2017-05-19 14:10:44,873 ERROR 2017/05/19 14:10:44 - Archive web.xml - ERROR (version 7.0.0.0-25, build 1 from 2016-11-05 15.35.36 by buildguy) : File System Exception: Could not copy "file:///F:/pentaho/pentaho-server/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml" to "file:///F:/pentaho/pentaho-server/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml.2017-05-19T21:10:44.870Z".

2017-05-19 14:10:44,873 ERROR 2017/05/19 14:10:44 - Archive web.xml - ERROR (version 7.0.0.0-25, build 1 from 2016-11-05 15.35.36 by buildguy) : Caused by: Could not write to "file:///F:/pentaho/pentaho-server/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml.2017-05-19T21:10:44.870Z".

2017-05-19 14:10:44,873 ERROR 2017/05/19 14:10:44 - Archive web.xml - ERROR (version 7.0.0.0-25, build 1 from 2016-11-05 15.35.36 by buildguy) : Caused by: F:\pentaho\pentaho-server\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\web.xml.2017-05-19T21:10:44.870Z (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

I’m going to try AAAR Alfresco CE 5.1 next. We are running Alfresco 5.0.? in production. We plan to move to 5.2 soon. I’ll continue to try to get Alflytics working to prepare for the new environment.

Thank you,

Mike

Michael Nadeau

(925) 913-1649

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Interesting...

Thank you for sharing your tests.
I did not test Alflytics on Windows at the moment.

michael_nadeau

Jump to solution

Hi Francesco,  We got AAAR working.  We took your advice and used a version of Alfresco not installed on my local PC.  That was the only change made.  We used our dev Alfresco EE instance (ver 5.0.x).  The AAAR_Extract.bat script ran to completion and all data was imported into the AAAR_DataMart database.  I don't know what the problem was. Perhaps there is a port contention between the local Pentaho and local Alfresco instances.  In either case there was not a AAAR problem.  Feel free to email me if you want me to test Alflytics on Windows.  Thank You.

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Really nice to hear.

Thank you for the feedback.