cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tovino77
Member II

Alfresco Community Edition v5.1.e Backup and Restore

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to best backup alfresco CE 5.1. I've done a very basic install using the in box postgresql database, and have a couple sites.

Essentially I need to figure out how to back this up, and restore it to a new server if the need comes up

I've been following this:

Just downloaded and installed Alfresco Community on Windows Server 2012 but can't access it from any other client on the network. During setup I bound it to the local IP and not localhost. Should I have done this differently or is the access IP locked by default? If locked where do I unlock it.

I've searched the docs and the internet honest.

But this doesn't seem 100% accurate to my version

Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Alfresco Community Edition v5.1.e Backup and Restore

Alfresco stores the information in three different places:

* Database (postgres)

* Content Stores (alf_data/contentstore and alf_data/contentstore.deleted)

* Indexes (alf_data/solr4)

You can perform a backup of the folders and a dump of the database.

When restoring, just replace the folders with the backup and perform an import of the database.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
cesarista
Customer

Hi

You can check this whitepaper, for full details on Alfresco backup:

https://es.slideshare.net/toniblyx/alfresco-backup-and-disaster-recovery-white-paper

Kind regards.

--C.

nixx1401
Member II

I have a question regarding the above topic:

• How do you copy the indexes and contentstore and backup the dbase.  I am reading that these have to be kept together.  Can you please provide detail instructions.  I am new to postgresql so I do not know how to access the dbase files to back them up
heiko_robert

What is missing from the link @cesarista provided?

docker / ASS deployments have some pitfaults but I assume you're referring to 5.x doployment, right?

Please make yourself familiar how to create a postgres backup and don't led people do your job. This forum is happy to help you but not with "detail instructions".