Alfresco Community performance and scalability for 70+ million documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inam1567
Member II

Alfresco Community performance and scalability for 70+ million documents

I am currently working on a project which have workload around 70+ million documents and it appears that Alfresco may be suitable for our needs. But i was not able to find from the documentation whether Alfresco Community  is capable of handling millions of documents.

I also have following some questions:

• How many number of documents can be handled in community version? any other limitations.
  • Can Alfresco Community scalable horizontally? if yes, how ? any documentation /guide.
  • Performance of Alfresco Community on standalone instance? around 70+  million documents.
3 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: Alfresco Community performance and scalability for 70+ million documents

Yes, Alfresco Community edition is scalable to handle millions of documents.

It totally depends upon the hardware infrastructure you are setting up for it.

There are certain parameters like the total number of users, concurrent users, etc...

You can create a distributed environment in which it gives the best performance:

Separate server for documents(content store), database, application, and search.

Please take a look at the following link: 

https://docs.alfresco.com/6.1/concepts/recommend-split.html

Regards,
Kintu
fedorow
Senior Member II

The answer on second question is NO. The main difference of Comunity from  ACS is horisontal scalability. Comunity don't support clastering or kubernates.

Of cose you can divede batabase or other parts of system and make claster for it. But you steel will have one alfresco repository instance.

inam1567
Member II

@fedorow @kintu_barot  Thanks for your kind reply.

I need some more guideline from you. can i use community version 6.x for commercial use? if yes then under which license type? as i found many repositories are with LGPL-3.0 license and some are with Apache-2.0