Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joseph
Active Member II

Alfresco Community Responsive

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to know if a future release of Alfresco Community 5.2 it's going to be responsive and in case that's true I want to know when it's planned to be realesed.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco Community Responsive

Jump to solution

Alfresco considers mobile use to be covered by its mobile applications, so I don't think there will be (m)any optimisations for responsiveness in Share. New products of Alfresco are developed with a design approach of "Mobile first" so they should be optimised for smartphones and tablets from the get-go.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

As far as I know there is no measurable criterion / feature for "being responsive". It is always going to be a grade on a scale. Alfresco Share is already responsive to some degree. You should define your requirements for responsiveness so it is easier to judge when/if what part of these may be available. Also, if your requirements aren't currently met, you should consider raising a JIRA enhancement request about it to make Alfresco aware of the requirement details.

joseph
Active Member II

Jump to solution

What I mean by responsive is that it fits the screen of mobiles (5-inch screen) or small tablets (7-inch screen) so that the content can be easily read.

Because with Alfresco 5.0.d I have to zoom in multiple times in order to be able to read from a small screen.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Alfresco considers mobile use to be covered by its mobile applications, so I don't think there will be (m)any optimisations for responsiveness in Share. New products of Alfresco are developed with a design approach of "Mobile first" so they should be optimised for smartphones and tablets from the get-go.

joseph
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. When you mention "New products of Alfresco", do you mean Alfresco Application Development Framework?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The Application Development Framework is not a product, it's primarily just a toolset / Framework (as the name states). Though the reusable components provided by the Framework are designed with a "mobile-first" paradigm, there will not be any "standard products" from Alfresco based on it in the near future - it is intended more to empower customers / partners to build special apps.