Alfresco Content Loading Problem After Minor Revision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cse102

Alfresco Content Loading Problem After Minor Revision

Hello,

We are using dockerized alfesco servisces with Kubbernetes 1.14.6. Our Alfresco services and their versions given below

ACS 6.2.0 A11, Share 6.2.0, ACA 1.8, PDF renderer 2.1.0

We have content loading problem in Alfresco Content App. After minor revision if we say view alfresco content app still shows the old version. After some time (for ex. 10 mins) it start to show new version. . But this behavior only happen while we are using alfresco content app. While we are using alfresco share, minor revision and edit microsoft office effected content instantly

Here is a steps to produce an this event

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Go to a word document
  • Click on "Edit in Microsoft Office"
  • Modify the word document
  • Save the document and Click on "View" in alfresco, still it shows old version, but if we click on download it downloads new version
  • After about 10 minutes, it starts t showing new version

It's also true for minor revision,

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Go to a word document
  • Click on "Add Revison"
  • Add minor revision
  •  Click on "View" in alfresco, still it shows old version
  • After about 10 minutes, it starts t showing new version

4 Replies
jljwoznica

Re: Alfresco Content Loading Problem After Minor Revision

I'm doing some checking into this. I'll see what I can find out.

john_knowles
Active Member II

We've had a quick go at trying to reproduce your problem and everything seems to work ok.

Please can you try and rule out a few things?

Rule out your browser caching the previous version. 

1. try a different browser?
  2. After uploading a new version immediate login using private/incognito mode

You mentioned Share is behaving OK with the same scenario, can you rule out the upload from Content App being the problem?

1. Immediately after uploading the new version in Content App, open the page in Share - do you see the updated file?
  2. If you upload a new version in Share, and then go to Content App does the new or the old one get shown?

If you can't figure out the issue from there, are you able to share a docker-compose of your setup that someone else can run and see if they can replicate the problem?

cse102

1 - I tried in a different browser, still issue happened

2 - I tried login using private/incognito mode after uploading, still issue happened

3 - Immediately after uploading the new version in Content App, Share shows the new version

4 - Immediately after uploading the new version in Share, Content App shows the old version.

Problem happened when we run dockerized image on Kubbernetes

Vic
Active Member II

Try to view this one

https://github.com/loftuxab/alfresco-community-loftux/issues/27

they'we faced similar issue and solved it.

May be it'll help.

Actually it seems that there is some kind of bug in Alfresco Repo code. We use ACS 6.1 and facing similar behaviour - after editing a document preview is not updated it always shows the first uploaded version.