Alfresco crashes when creating Thumbnails of images (Convert "kills" Alfresco java-vm)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nettania
Active Member II

Alfresco crashes when creating Thumbnails of images (Convert "kills" Alfresco java-vm)

Hi,

I am experimenting with Alfresco 7.3 using the bitnami virtual machine. Everything works fine expected when I want to wath a folder which contains images (about 20 to 30) each one with about 8 to 10 MB. In this case convert (ImageMagick?) "kills" the virtual machine of alfresco and I get a list with Out of memory errors e.g.:

[67886.078342] Out of memory: Killed Proceess 18847 (jav) total-vm: 4646016kB, anon-rss:1551428kb, file-rss:0kb, shmem-rss:0kb, UID 998 pgtables:3756kB oom_score_adj:0

tomcat is configured with 2GB.

I know the reason, but I do not know how to solve it and I do not understand which settings are used e.g. by a company who uses Alfrssco for storing images. The whole process of image creation and also sometimes document generation.

I also know this problem from another Alfresco istance which was configured by me from scratch using the documentation, that was the reason why I wanted to try the bitnami vm to see if this problem also occures there.

Can someone help me how I can get rid of this?

Thanks Florian

2 Replies
nettania
Active Member II

Re: Alfresco crashes when creating Thumbnails of images (Convert "kills" Alfresco java-vm

I have continued work on this problem and I have a question: Is there somewhere a setting in alfresco to reduce the maximum number of parallel convert processes?

Thanks,

Florian

nettania
Active Member II

Re: Alfresco crashes when creating Thumbnails of images (Convert "kills" Alfresco java-vm

The problem is definitley that after I uploaded a folder which contains e.g. 50 images each one, about 3-4 MB an then I open the folder in Webui a lot of converts (I did not count it, but I think for each image one convert is called) are called by alfrseco to create the thumbnails. This must lead to our of ememory exception if too many converts are called.

There must be a possibility to set a max number of parallel converts, otherwise this problem will always occur?

Florian