Alfresco Dashlets is missing when the browser language is not one of the officialy supported languag

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4rsenaltt

Alfresco Dashlets is missing when the browser language is not one of the officialy supported languag

my task is to add new language support for Alfresco Share web application. but I am faced with a weird behavior in Dashlets of Alfresco Share. when I change my web browser language to something that is not in the list of officialy supported language, all of Dashlets disappear!

I added the new language .properties files, nothing happened (if a language .properties files are missing the default one is used, am I right?!).

I have absolutely no idea what to do. maybe this is a bug.

I appreciate your help

I am using Alfresco 6.2 Community edition.

3 Replies
narkuss
Established Member II

Re: Alfresco Dashlets is missing when the browser language is not one of the officialy supported lan

I've never seen this behaviour, english is the default language if the browser language is not one of the supported ones.

Btw, have you checked this Alfresco translations page mantained by the community? In case the language you are looking for is not listed there, at least you can see how can it be done.

Hope it helps

sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Re: Alfresco Dashlets is missing when the browser language is not one of the officialy supported lan

Please Refer this. May be you will get Idea to add new language: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-add/change-share-locale/td-p/291524

A_AlSareti
Member II

Hi @sanjaybandhniya ,

We are facing the same issue if we are using supported language / locale in browser like "en" or "fr" , the dashboard and all dashlets work fine and we can edit the dashboard.

but if change the brawser langauge to another languade like "ar" all the dashlet disapear even that we update the "share-config.xml" or "share-config-custom.xml" to add the new language 

<I18N>
<tiny-mce-supported-locales>en,de,es,fr,it,ja,nl,zh_CN,ru,nb,pt_BR,sv,fi,ar</tiny-mce-supported-locales>
</I18N>

BR,

A_AlSareti