cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Member II

Alfresco Database Schema Diagram - ERD

Hi All,

I already view all the topics related to this question but i can not find any suitable answer for that. I will be appreciated if anyone can provide the #ERD by the reverse engineering the default existing tables of the alfresco installation. It would be really importamt  for technical users to see high level overview of the #architecture #diagrams and #Database #schema #diagrams as well as #objectRelation and #classDiagrams. Unfortinately alfresco community seems did not provide these.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Master

Re: Alfresco Database Schema Diagram - ERD

I did a quick search for "Alfresco ERD" in Google and the very first result was already a decent one: Alfresco Entities and Relationships [infographics]

This is for an older version of Alfresco (3.4) but the core tables (alf_node_*, alf_transaction, alf_qname, alf_child_assoc, alf_namespace...) haven't changed that much since then. Only the auxilliary ones regarding workflow, audit and attributes have changed substantially.

Since nobody should be messing with the Alfresco DB directly (changing / adding / deleting data) without going through the Alfresco APIs, there is usually little need for an extensive, up-to-date ERD. Though if you need it and end up updating what Contentreich provided to a more recent Alfresco version, it would sure be appreciated if you contribute that back so other people in your position will have it easier in the future...

Hi,

If you are able to connect to your Alfresco database, you can obtain this diagram, for example using: DBVisualizer

NeTIC360: :: Alfresco. Obtener el modelo de datos 

Data model Alfresco 5

Regards,

clv

Highlighted
Intermediate

As Axel says, you can search around. Here are some other examples:

Understanding Alfresco Content Data Model | Lionsgate Software (Jul 2017)

Entrando por la “puerta de atrás” en Alfresco – Blog de Fegor (Aug 2014 - up to 4.2.2)

As mentioned in previous comment, you can also reverse-engineer. Other tools include SchemaSpy or even MySQL Workbench (if using MySQL), eg.

Deep Dive: Alfresco Core Repository (... embedded in a micro-services… 

Regards,

Jan

Highlighted
Member II

Hi all,

I share with you what I found about Alfresco database model (schema).

Alfresco Database Model

https://soft-builder.com/en/docs/Alfresco/index.html 

The second link gives more details about the alfresco schema.

Regards,

Abhaya.