Alfresco is shutting down after few days of activity

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomekszy

Alfresco is shutting down after few days of activity

Hi,

I have problem, with Alfresco Community v5.1.0. After few days of normal work in production environment i t shuts down (Tomcat process, Postgres and LibreOffice processes are still working), leaving site inaccessible. I don't know what triggers that issue, but I found, that in the end of log file, each time after unexpected stop, there is info from SOLR:

2017-06-21 11:32:45,555 INFO [solr.component.AsyncBuildSuggestComponent] [Suggestor-alfresco-1] Building suggester index for: shingleBasedSuggestions
2017-06-21 11:47:45,901 INFO [solr.component.AsyncBuildSuggestComponent] [Suggestor-alfresco-1] Built suggester shingleBasedSuggestions, took 900346 ms
2017-06-21 11:47:45,913 INFO [solr.component.AsyncBuildSuggestComponent] [Suggestor-alfresco-1] Building suggester index for: shingleBasedSuggestions
2017-06-21 12:03:21,003 INFO [solr.component.AsyncBuildSuggestComponent] [Suggestor-alfresco-1] Built suggester shingleBasedSuggestions, took 935090 ms
2017-06-21 12:20:30,506 WARN [org.alfresco.userToAuthorityTransactionalCache] [LocalFeedGenerator1] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.userToAuthorityTransactionalCache' is full (100).
2017-06-21 12:34:30,361 WARN [org.alfresco.userToAuthorityTransactionalCache] [LocalFeedGenerator1] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.userToAuthorityTransactionalCache' is full (100).
2017-06-21 13:17:00,841 INFO [solr.component.AsyncBuildSuggestComponent] [Suggestor-alfresco-1] Building suggester index for: shingleBasedSuggestions

I suggest, that problem is with too low amount of cache, but I can't find how to change cache in Alfresco Community (I only found information how to do that in Alfresco One - Configuring the repository cache | Alfresco Documentation - I don't have tx-cache-context.xml file and caches.properties files). I set some variables alfresco-global.properties:

cache.node.nodesSharedCache.tx.maxItems=250000
cache.node.nodesSharedCache.maxItems=2500000

cache.userToAuthoritySharedCache.tx.maxItems=4000
cache.userToAuthoritySharedCache.maxItems=5000
cache.personSharedCache.tx.maxItems=5000

, but it didn't seem to resolve the problem Smiley Sad

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco is shutting down after few days of activity

Please don't configure the tx.maxItems values without really understanding the cause and effect of the transactional cache warnings. If you like, I did a talk on caches at the last BeeCon (slides).

When the Tomcat process is still running then Alfresco isn't really be shut down. It may just no longer be responding to any requests. I usually recommend connecting to the Tomcat process using one of the JDK tools jconsole or jvisualvm to check the state of the process, e.g. memory usage and thread state. You can also look at the state of the active threads with the command line tools jstack and can dump the current memory state via jmap, but the subsequent analysis might be a bit more than you can handle (depending on your level of expertise).