Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miroslav
Customer

Alfresco limits for import of peer-to-peer associations

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to import a large number of peer-to-peer associations (more than a thousand associated nodes to primary file) in one transaction and the operation is rollbacked. No errors in the log. The import took several minutes.

Is there some Alfresco limit I could exceed (transaction time, number of peer-to-peer associations)?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miroslav
Customer

Re: Alfresco limits for import of peer-to-peer associations

Jump to solution

The problem was in the names of the files that were inserted in one transaction. There was a space in the filename. replace operation ended with "primary node does not exist" error. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

There is absolutely no hard limit in Alfresco for the number of associations or duration of transactions. But speaking from experience, peer-to-peer association handling is one of the areas with generally poor performance that scales excessively with larger numbers of associations due to being based solely on a query-all-and-match-via-regex approach, instead of supporting targeted by-qname-id retrievals. So I would not be surprised if an import of a high number of association triggers an implicit read- or operation timeout set by the JDBC driver or on the DB server.

miroslav
Customer

Jump to solution

The problem was in the names of the files that were inserted in one transaction. There was a space in the filename. replace operation ended with "primary node does not exist" error. 

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @miroslav 

Great that you got a solution and thanks for updating your thread.

Best wishes,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!