Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejike
Active Member II

Alfresco pdf-toolkit IO Error

Jump to solution

Good day All,

Please I am getting this error when I use "-force" when deploying the AMPs to WAR files using MMT tool. Find below the image

IO_Error_alfresco_pdf_toolkit.jpg

I would be grateful is anyone can give me a guide to resolving this.

Thanks and regards,

Ejike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Alfresco pdf-toolkit IO Error

Jump to solution

Did you tried by opening command prompt "Run As Administrator"? 

Access denied error comes if local user doesn't have permissions to delete files as obovious. You can skip the cleanup part and do it manually in case command line is causing permission issues. 

After amps are installled you need to make sure you delete the exploded war files "alfresco" and "share". Once tomcat restarts the war files will explode again with the applied amps. 

I think you did not delete the exploded wars that's why you can't see the module as you mentioned.

Did you also tried installing any other amps to confirm the same whether it is just the pdf-toolkit or local permission issue only.

Alternatively you can also copy the repository amp to <YourAlfrescoInstallationPath>/amps and share amp to <YourAlfrescoInstallationPath>/amps_share

and use the utility 'apply_amps.bat' that comes with out of the box installation to install amps. some details can be found here as well: https://javaworld-abhinav.blogspot.com/2022/05/setup-acs-7-ass-2-and-local-windows.html#apply-amps-a...

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ejike
Active Member II

Jump to solution

@angelborroy @abhinavmishra14 can anyone please assist with the issue I have below

Jump to solution

I solved similar errors after upgrading from 5.0.X or 5.1.X to Alfresco 5.2

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Can you also include -verbose option in the command after -force and see what output you get?

Also try to run the command prompt as Administrator. Use "Run As Administrator" to open command prompt.

This would may be provide a detailed log about where exactly it is failing. 

here is complete detail and options on MMT: https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/community/install/zip/amp/ 

~Abhinav
ejike
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi @abhinavmishra14 

It now works but when it gets to the image below to clean out "tomcat/webapps/alfresco directory", everything becomes "Access denied".

Clean_out_tomcat_error.jpg

Once you press any key to continue, everything after that becomes "access denied".

Please what can i do next.

ejike
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi @abhinavmishra14 ,

I would also want to ask, does the size of the alf_data affect the deployment of the pdf toolkit software?

if the alf_data is very large as per size, would it take a while for the pdf toolkit software to take effect?

I look forward to hearing from you.

regards,

ejike
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi @abhinavmishra14 ,

Based on my comment earlier, the alfresco pdf toolkit has been installed as per the image below but when you click continue to clean out tomcat/webapps/alfresco directory and temporary files, it says "access denied".

Is that the normal process?

alfresco_pdf_toolkit_installation_achieved.jpgclean_out_tomcat_webapps_alfresco_access_denied.jpg

I look forward to your response.

Regards

ejike
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi @abhinavmishra14 ,

I applied the "-verbose" command after the "-force" command, please find below the image showing the full detail.

I also checked to see if the pdf-toolkit had deployed by going to the url: "nemedms:8080/share/page/modules/deploy" and it showed that the pdf toolkit had not been deployed.

alfresco_pdf_toolkit_repo_MMT_force_verbose.jpgalfresco_pdf_toolkit_share_MMT_force_verbose.jpgChecking_deployed_modules.jpg

This is really confusing, please what could be the issue here?

Thanks

ejike
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi @abhinavmishra14 @angelborroy 

Please any advise or suggestions based on the images captured below using "-force" and "-verbose".

Regards,

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Did you tried by opening command prompt "Run As Administrator"? 

Access denied error comes if local user doesn't have permissions to delete files as obovious. You can skip the cleanup part and do it manually in case command line is causing permission issues. 

After amps are installled you need to make sure you delete the exploded war files "alfresco" and "share". Once tomcat restarts the war files will explode again with the applied amps. 

I think you did not delete the exploded wars that's why you can't see the module as you mentioned.

Did you also tried installing any other amps to confirm the same whether it is just the pdf-toolkit or local permission issue only.

Alternatively you can also copy the repository amp to <YourAlfrescoInstallationPath>/amps and share amp to <YourAlfrescoInstallationPath>/amps_share

and use the utility 'apply_amps.bat' that comes with out of the box installation to install amps. some details can be found here as well: https://javaworld-abhinav.blogspot.com/2022/05/setup-acs-7-ass-2-and-local-windows.html#apply-amps-a...

~Abhinav