alfresco preview not showing in any format without rename the file in first time

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_a
Member II

alfresco preview not showing in any format without rename the file in first time

Preview issue on documents   , While uploading the file in alfresco directory, then i selecting the uploaded files for preview time,its contain more than 18 character its showing could not load the PDF file, but if i download the file its showing in local machine, at the same time if i rename the file name at first time in less than the 18 character its showing the file , after second time on-words renaming the file name more than the 18 character it will work as its, what was the issue on it, its a default behavior of alfresco preview or we need to change in any configuration in alfresco preview time.if anyone know about the issue please let me know..Thank you.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: alfresco preview not showing in any format without rename the file in first time

There are potential issues with preview rendering on filesystems with a limited path length, foremost Windows. When the installation path of Alfresco is already quite long it can happen that the file name for temporary files in the transformation process will also be quite long and potentially to long for proper handling for command line tools.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: alfresco preview not showing in any format without rename the file in first time

You can try this patch https://github.com/keensoft/oo-temp-filename-shortener

Hyland Developer Evangelist