Alfresco Public page

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Alfresco Public page

I want to create public page in alfresco where one feedback kind of form is there and I want to submit that form and data should be saved in alfresco.

How can I achieve this functionality?

5 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Alfresco Public page

Hi

Do you mean public page in Alfresco Share? You can better create a public form (outside) and to use CMIS/Rest API to add content in Alfresco repo. You may use ADF (Alfresco Development Framework) too.

Kind regards. 

--C. 

sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

This requirement is in share So I cant use ADF.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

When you say public page, does that mean anyone can post the feedback form without logging into Alfresco (just like guest user) ? 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Yes.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Sanjay Bandhniya We implemented similar functionality in the past. In the implementation we extended the login page and provided a "Contact Us" link. 

On click of the link, a html (iframe) form opens and user provides required details and click submit. 

We implemented a POST Webscript which authenticates as a "guest" user. The web-script validates the inputs (character limits, XSS Attack and SQL Injection types) and saves the details in a dataList node. If input validation fails it cancels the requests. 

We implemented an option on Share Admin Console to display the data list as a table so admins can check the submitted requests and export as a excel/csv.

We had two levels of validations, one on html form itself where we limited the characters user can enter and validate harmful content and second level was on web-script side (as it is accessible by guest user). 

You can implement on similar lines if that suits your requirement. Make sure you have necessary validations of user inputs. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)