cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandhyanair1
Member II

alfresco quick search not working for special characters like "_"

Jump to solution

Alfresco quick search text box is not showing the results of search term with "_".

E.g. I have document 12345_01012020.pdf. When I search for 12345_01 on the text box on top right corner of alfresco share ui I am fetting auto suggestions with the file name "12345_01012020.pdf". But when I enter 12345_01 I am not getting any results in alfresco enterprise edition 6.1.0.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: alfresco quick search not working for special characters like "_"

Jump to solution

That is to be expected - the quick search suggestions use a way more lenient query than the one you actually typed, e.g. it transparently adds wildcards to your input. When you hit enter and are forwarded to the actual faceted search page, this submits the query with fewer enhancements, and then your term does not match the same results. By addind a simple asterisk at the end of your input, you should get the same results again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: alfresco quick search not working for special characters like "_"

Jump to solution

That is to be expected - the quick search suggestions use a way more lenient query than the one you actually typed, e.g. it transparently adds wildcards to your input. When you hit enter and are forwarded to the actual faceted search page, this submits the query with fewer enhancements, and then your term does not match the same results. By addind a simple asterisk at the end of your input, you should get the same results again.