Alfresco's components is taking too much space

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian1607
Member II

Alfresco's components is taking too much space

Hi guys, I installed alfresco 5 months ago, and I probably uploaded 500Mb of files, but the size of the   alf_data/solr4/ is  25Gb, the size  of the POSTGRESQL database is 60Gb. I think is too much space for only 5 months

Please how should I solve this problem?

Thanks in advanced. 

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco's components is taking too much space

You should start first by checking (or providing here) your configuration in alfresco-global.properties for any active feature that may constantly collect, e.g. Auditing. Also, you should check the Alfresco tables inside the database and provide an overview of your table sizes / distribution here (see Disk Usage for queries to determine table sizes; regarding distribution: it would be important to have alf_node entry counts grouped by store_id).

Without understanding what is using the space it will be hard to determine how to reduce it.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

These numbers does not have much sense in principle. If your contentstore has XXX Gb, you should expect about 10%-25% of this size for your solr4 index (and 3 times more because the solrBackups). You may expect some more if you have OCR processes too. Your database may grow quickly if you have some subsystems enabled, like audit subsystem. If you have a lot of image files in your repo, this may result in a lot of EXIF metadata extracted, saved in database, indexed in SOLR...

Can you check the size under alf_data/contentstore ?

Regards.

--C.

christian1607
Member II

Hi ‌ , first of all thanks for the quickly response,

the size of the alf_data is 50GB. and I olny upload  docx and pdf files

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

I would say that if you have 50Gb in PDF and DOCX files, and considering the original files with (possibly) many versions of documents and many deletions, it would be possible to have 25Gb for index size because these type of files can be full-text indexed. Besides, take into consideration that metadata extracters are enabled with these mimetypes, so you will have more indices, and more properties saved in database. Maybe a full reindex would reduce it a bit the index size. Also if there exist too many deleted documents in thrascan, you can reduce contentstore size and index size, cleaning the thrascan. But 60Gb for database is still quite large IMO. As Axel commented previously, we need alfresco-global.properties for checking the configuration. Maybe you are using auditing, and your audit tables are growing very fast.

Regards.

--C.