Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranjeetsi
Established Member II

Alfresco sdk 4 - issue with alfresco platform version 6.1.1 onwards

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I created an intelliJ alfresco sdk 4.0 enterprise project on local machine(windows 64) wilth below configuration:

With below configuration in ~proj/pom.xml and using the alfresco 6.1 license .

<!-- Properties used in dependency declarations, you don't need to change these -->
<alfresco.groupId>org.alfresco</alfresco.groupId>
<alfresco.bomDependencyArtifactId>acs-packaging</alfresco.bomDependencyArtifactId>
<alfresco.platform.version>6.1.1.1</alfresco.platform.version>
<alfresco.share.version>6.1.1.1</alfresco.share.version>

<!-- Docker images -->
<docker.acs.image>alfresco/alfresco-content-repository</docker.acs.image>
<docker.share.image>alfresco/alfresco-share</docker.share.image>

But , when i started the project with command -

C:\github\acs> run.bat build_start

Get the below error:

-------------------------------------------

09260000 An IO error was encountered during deployment of the AMP into the WAR
Service 'acs-acs' failed to build: The command '/bin/sh -c java -jar $TOMCAT_DIR/alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt*.jar install $TOMCAT_DIR/amps $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco -directory -nobackup -force' returned a non-zero code: 1
Attaching to

-----------------------------------------------

I checked that the application starts when we use:

<alfresco.platform.version>6.1.0.6</alfresco.platform.version>
<alfresco.share.version>6.2.0</alfresco.share.version>

Looks like since <alfresco.platform.version>6.1.1</alfresco.platform.version> it has started failing...

It failed for 6.1.1.

Can anyone suggest if he faced this issue and any possible fix.

Alfresco Content Services Certified Engineer (ACSCE)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco sdk 4 - issue with alfresco platform version 6.1.1 onwards

Jump to solution

The issue lies with the introduction of a custom user in the base image. This user is the default context for the RUN statement which installs AMP dependencies, but does not have the necessary file permissions to do so.

In a recent customer training I encountered this issue and changed the default Dockerfile. The following shows the critical section.

COPY Dockerfile extensions/*.amp $TOMCAT_DIR/amps/ USER root RUN java -jar $TOMCAT_DIR/alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt*.jar install \ $TOMCAT_DIR/amps $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco -directory -nobackup -force USER alfresco

View solution in original post

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Yeah, seemed like permission issue. I was playing around this yesterday and changing the user to 'root' for run command allowed installing the amp file.

Alfresco team needs to fix this issue so we don't have to manipulate the DockerFile to manage any permissions.

[UPDATE]: It has been handled now. See here: https://github.com/Alfresco/acs-community-packaging/blob/develop/docker-alfresco/Dockerfile

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Check your docker file in platform docker project. Add verbose flag to see full error log which may tell the cause of failure. I don't its related to alfresco version but not exactly sure, I am using "6.1.0.5" which was earlier stable version and i see no issues. 

RUN java -jar $TOMCAT_DIR/alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt*.jar install \ $TOMCAT_DIR/amps $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco -directory -nobackup -force -verbose

COPY Dockerfile extensions/*.amp $TOMCAT_DIR/amps/
RUN java -jar $TOMCAT_DIR/alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt*.jar install \
$TOMCAT_DIR/amps $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco -directory -nobackup -force -verbose

Additionally make sure you have updated all the properties required for enterprise after getting SDK4 sample.You might have already made these changes but sharing again.

Here is a sample:

<!-- ACS and Share Enterprise version configuration ########################## [Start] -->

<!-- Use 'acs-packaging' for enterprise edition else 'acs-community-packaging' is used for community -->
        <alfresco.bomDependencyArtifactId>acs-packaging</alfresco.bomDependencyArtifactId>
        <alfresco.platform.version>6.1.0.5</alfresco.platform.version>
        <alfresco.share.version>6.1.0</alfresco.share.version>

<!-- Docker image for ACS, Visit for more details: https://hub.docker.com/r/alfresco/alfresco-content-repository/tags  -->
        <!-- Docker image for Share, Visit for more details: https://hub.docker.com/r/alfresco/alfresco-share/tags  -->

<!-- ACS and Share Enterprise version configuration ########################## [End] -->

See more details here: https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-sdk/blob/master/docs/advanced-topics/working-with-enterprise/RE...

~Abhinav
eharper
Member II

Jump to solution

I can verify the issue originally posted: I created a new SDK 4.0 project using Alfresco enterprise 6.1.0 (with all the correct enterprise settings in the parent pom).  "./run.sh build_start" builds and starts it successfully.  If the Alfresco version is changed to 6.1.1 or 6.2.0, then it fails to start when deploying the amps to the ACS docker container.

I also verified that 6.1.0.5 works fine as abhinavmishra14 notes.  This unfortunately does not help solve the actual problem.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

I just tried to verify this issue reported above, i am able to replicate this issue when i change the enterprise version from 6.1.0.5 to 6.2.0. People are reporting same issue with other lower versions. But works fine for 6.1.0.5.

Here is the enterprise config which i made in parent pom as per the documentation:

<!-- ACS and Share Enterprise version configuration ########################## [Start] -->
        <alfresco.platform.version>6.2.0</alfresco.platform.version>
        <alfresco.share.version>6.2.0</alfresco.share.version>
<!-- ACS and Share Enterprise version configuration ########################## [End] -->

I got the same error as other folks have reported. See the log below : 

An IO error was encountered during deployment of the AMP into the WAR

Step 1/10 : FROM alfresco/alfresco-content-repository:6.2.0
 ---> 7e3a8e4db2cd
Step 2/10 : ARG TOMCAT_DIR=/usr/local/tomcat
 ---> Using cache
 ---> bbca02a86fa4
Step 3/10 : COPY Dockerfile extensions/*.jar $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/
 ---> b5a18565ad3e
Step 4/10 : COPY Dockerfile extensions/*.amp $TOMCAT_DIR/amps/
 ---> e3521651175f
Step 5/10 : RUN java -jar $TOMCAT_DIR/alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt*.jar install               $TOMCAT_DIR/amps $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco -directory -nobackup -force -verbose
 ---> Running in 2f5cdafa43be
Installing AMP '/usr/local/tomcat/amps/alfresco-device-sync-repo-3.2.0.amp' into WAR '/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco'
INFO: Checking the war version using /WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/version.properties
WARNING: The installation of this module is being forced.  All files will be removed and replaced regardless of existing versions present.
WARNING: This version of this module is already installed in the WAR..upgrading.
Clearing out files relating to version '3.2.0' of module 'org_alfresco_device_sync_repo'
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/lib/services-common-1.6.jar' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/lib/postgresql-42.2.6.jar' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-device-sync-repo-3.2.0.jar' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-device-sync-events-3.2.0.jar' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Events/default/sync-events-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Messaging/default/default/sync-messaging-override-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repo/sync/api/syncconfig.get.desc.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repo/sync/api/synctxns.post.desc.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/model/device-sync-model.properties' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/model/deviceSyncModel.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/model/model-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.DB2Dialect/device-sync-txns-SqlMap.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.Oracle9Dialect/device-sync-txns-SqlMap.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.SQLServerDialect/device-sync-txns-SqlMap.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.Dialect/device-sync-txns-SqlMap.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.Dialect/device-sync-SqlMap.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/deviceSync-SqlMapConfig.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/metrics-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/log4j.properties' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/sync-api-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/jmx-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/module-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/sync-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/alfresco-global.properties' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/sync-config-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/dao-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/sync-filter-context.xml' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Events/default' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/Events' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Messaging/default/default' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Messaging/default' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Messaging' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repo/sync/api' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repo/sync' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repo' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts/org' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/templates' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/model' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.DB2Dialect' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.Oracle9Dialect' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.SQLServerDialect' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.dialect.Dialect' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/ibatis' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/modifications.install' from war
   - Removing file '/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_device_sync_repo/module.properties' from war
Adding files relating to version '3.2.0' of module 'org_alfresco_device_sync_repo'
11060000 An IO error was encountered during deployment of the AMP into the WAR

Hi @inorton @jljwoznica 

I think a ticket should be raised to debug and fix this issue. 

Steps to reproduce: 

1- Get the standards SDK4.0 archetype by using mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=org.alfresco:

2- Select All in one project

3- Once project is ready, execute ./run.bat build_start command. 

Sample project is available here where i was able to replicate the issue: https://github.com/abhinavmishra14/AIO-ACS6.2.0-Build-Issue

Expected: It should start the containers as usual.

Actual: Build fails with an error while installing the amps. error: [91m11060000 An IO error was encountered during deployment of the AMP into the WAR

Full Log is available here (Not allowed to attach a text file, so uploaded in github): 

https://github.com/abhinavmishra14/AIO-ACS6.2.0-Build-Issue/blob/master/aio-test/buildlog-6.2.0.txt

When i reverted back to 6.1.0.5 version, it works perfectly fine:

<alfresco.platform.version>6.1.0.5</alfresco.platform.version>
<alfresco.share.version>6.1.0</alfresco.share.version>

Here is the full log:

https://github.com/abhinavmishra14/AIO-ACS6.2.0-Build-Issue/blob/master/aio-test/buildlog-6.1.0.5.tx...

~Abhinav
eharper
Member II

Jump to solution

Abhinav have you heard anything from Alfresco on this?

I opened an issue in the Github SDK project a week ago, but no response:

https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-sdk/issues/584

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The issue lies with the introduction of a custom user in the base image. This user is the default context for the RUN statement which installs AMP dependencies, but does not have the necessary file permissions to do so.

In a recent customer training I encountered this issue and changed the default Dockerfile. The following shows the critical section.

COPY Dockerfile extensions/*.amp $TOMCAT_DIR/amps/ USER root RUN java -jar $TOMCAT_DIR/alfresco-mmt/alfresco-mmt*.jar install \ $TOMCAT_DIR/amps $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco -directory -nobackup -force USER alfresco
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Yeah, seemed like permission issue. I was playing around this yesterday and changing the user to 'root' for run command allowed installing the amp file.

Alfresco team needs to fix this issue so we don't have to manipulate the DockerFile to manage any permissions.

[UPDATE]: It has been handled now. See here: https://github.com/Alfresco/acs-community-packaging/blob/develop/docker-alfresco/Dockerfile

~Abhinav