Alfresco Share 4.2: How can I do to start a custom-workflow in the options of executing script in th

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bunnell
Member II

Alfresco Share 4.2: How can I do to start a custom-workflow in the options of executing script in th

in Alfresco-Share 4.2 you have the option to define rules on a folder. One of the pre-defined options is the script execution. I would like to execute a script witch launch the execution of a custom-workflow but I haven’t seen any example of this and where you have to put this script.

Moreover, in the out-of-the-box configuration, when you choose the option of script execution, you have the possibility (only) to execute one script called “Start workflow of review and approve in group”, but if I choose this option and create the rule in the folder, this rule doesn’t make anything when the event in the folder is produced.

Adding info to the First and Second answer  I'm using Alfresco Enterprise Edition in a Windows 7 environment, and I don´t have any folder called "Data Dictionary" and in my installation doesn't exist any file called "start-pooled-review-workflow.js". I'll install Community Edition in other Pc to find this folder if the problema is this.

Could you write the full path where I have to put the script?. The other alternatives that you mention are difficult for me.

And one thing more, I am trying to do this workflow with activiti and I don't know where I should change and where is the alfresco-global.propierties. I have been locking for a file called alfresco-global.propierties but it doesn't exist in my installation.

tellpizzahut

1 Reply
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Alfresco Share 4.2: How can I do to start a custom-workflow in the options of executing script i

Take a look at this documentation: 

https://docs.alfresco.com/4.2/references/rule-actions.html

https://docs.alfresco.com/4.2/tasks/library-folder-rules-simpleworkflow.html

You can either start a simple workflow or use execute script action and point it to a custom script which will intern start the workflow. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)