Alfresco space issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shankhamajumdar

Alfresco space issue

Hi,

I am using Alfresco Community 5.2 version. In our system everyday we are loading huge number of documents and therefore available space is getting reduced day by day. I have noticed that tomcat related logs and alfresco logs are also occupying a good amount of space. I have deleted some of the logs manually but it does not reclaim the space until I restart the Alfresco server. Can you please let me know why I need to restart the server to reclaim the space?

Regards,

Shankha

1 Reply
sepgs2004
Established Member

Re: Alfresco space issue

There are three more things that could occupy more space than necessary.

I am not an expert. I would like to give you some points that I learned.

- Indexing

- Auditing

- Archiving

Indexing - I do not know how much "unnecessary" indexing (if any) has been going on in your case. This is for Solr search engine. I do not know how much unnecessary indexing go with default situation. Please refer to Alfresco Search Admin console and settings.

Auditing - What I found was that there is not much auditing go in the default configuration. However, it is worth to check. There are some URLs (/alfresco/service/api/audit/query/...,  /alfresco/service/api/audit/clear/...) to see the audits and clear them

Archive - All the documents that get deleted go into archive place, and as far as I know, the archived documents go nowhere but occupying space. There has been some talks about cleaning up contentstore.deleted. Please refer to content store cleaner scheduler. Some more schedulers are available and accessible through JMX.

General - It looks like Alfresco has some good batch/scheduled jobs/scripts that can be run to claim the space that we can claim. Or one could write webscripts for doing similar cleanup.

Good wishes

Gnanasekaran Sakthivel