Alfresco Webdav not showing document after certain level once mapped to Windows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binu_manickkam
Member II

Alfresco Webdav not showing document after certain level once mapped to Windows

I have mapped my Alfresco site with window drive using webdav. The site I mapped has multiple levels, say more than 12 folder hierachy.

When I compare the files between Alfresco folders and the one mapped in my windows system, its doesnt match after a certain level, the folders are shown as empty.

Is there any limitation of folder hierarchy for webdav in Alfresco or is any other settings to be done to any file in Alfresco.

Thanks & Regards,

Binu Manickkam.
3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Alfresco Webdav not showing document after certain level once mapped to Windows

Are you and @sanjaybandhniya having the same issue / working on the same project by any chance? They posted an extremely similar question in another post

Windows has a known path length limitation that may be at play here. Additionally, there may be URL length limitations imposed by the client or any server involved, sometimes depending on configuration (e.g. max header sizes). Alfresco itself does not have any limitations that I am aware of with regards to WebDAV nesting depth.

binu_manickkam
Member II

Re: Alfresco Webdav not showing document after certain level once mapped to Windows

Hi,

I tried with the suggestions given above but it didnt work, made changes to the registry file and restarted my machine, still the same. After 10 hierarchy no files or folders shows once mapped using webdav in windows. Is there any settings in Alfresco to be made?

Please guide how to fix this.

Thanks,

Binu Manickkam

cristinamr
Advanced

Good morning, @binu_manickkam

"...Alfresco itself does not have any limitations that I am aware of with regards to WebDAV nesting depth"

As @afaust said: it's related with Webdav limitations. So there is no way to fix anything because is the correct behaviour. Nothing further you can do except rethink o make a plan to have another order for your folders.

Cheers,

Cristina.

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc