cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiranmaik
Member II

Amp Deployment Issue.

Jump to solution

I am trying to create custom types and for that, I have packaged my code as an amp file.

After starting ACS using the docker compose, I have the 11 containers

8e65021ad997        quay.io/alfresco/alfresco-transform-router:1.3.1    

bebe3b604408        alfresco/alfresco-transform-core-aio:2.3.4                                

788c91f3b92c        alfresco/alfresco-acs-nginx:3.0.1                                       

0d4cf8d35c87        quay.io/alfresco/service-sync:3.3.3                

b0e841fcd9df        alfresco/alfresco-shared-file-store:0.8.0           

dc27ff36d184        quay.io/alfresco/alfresco-digital-workspace:1.6.0   

0e5b5e3c6fad        alfresco/alfresco-content-repository:6.2.2.1        

8be1cf8cfda7        alfresco/alfresco-activemq:5.15.8                   

f8ae8bcd098e        alfresco/alfresco-share:6.2.2                      

6c0db2bea25d        postgres:11.4                                      

35bdbcf3f61f        alfresco/alfresco-search-services:1.4.2             

1) Copied the content-tutorial-share-1.0-SNAPSHOT.amp file into <container-name> container /usr/local/tomcat/amps_share dir and installing the amp to share.war using below command. The share amp is installed properly

java -jar alfresco-mmt-6.0.jar install /usr/local/tomcat/amps/content-tutorial-share-1.0-SNAPSHOT.amp /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/share  -verbose

2) Next, I copied the content-tutorial-platform-1.0-SNAPSHOT.amp file into <container-name> containers /usr/local/tomcat/amp dir and installing the amp to alfresco.war  using below command

java -jar alfresco-mmt-6.0.jar install /usr/local/tomcat/amps/content-tutorial-platform-1.0-SNAPSHOT.amp /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco  -verbose

While i am installing content-tutorial-platform-1.0-SNAPSHOT.amp , then I am facing the issue i.e., 09200000 An IO error was encountered during deployment of the AMP into the WAR. 

When I try to look at the logs, I dont see any error messages in it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhinavmishra14
Advanced
4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Amp Deployment Issue.

Jump to solution

You should never copy AMPs into a running container and install them there. Instead, you should create your own, customised Docker image, using the Alfresco ones as the basis (FROM). See Creating customized Docker images using an existing Docker image

(Note: The warning at the top of the article is Alfresco's overly aggressive nudge to move developers to out-of-process extensions, but their support for out-of-process extensions for some functionalities like behaviours is extremely poorly documented - if you can find anything at all. So personally, this warning is pointless as you don't really have a reasonable option to do anything but use AMP extensions.)

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution
kiranmaik
Member II

Jump to solution

@afaust Thank you for your quick reply.I will try the approach as you suggested.

kiranmaik
Member II

Jump to solution

@abhinavmishra14  Thank you for your  reply.I will try the approach  you suggested.