Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brijeshnk
Established Member

AMP structure and spring configuration file location

Jump to solution

Hi , 

I have generated Maven project in eclipse for repo artifacts using 'alfresco-amp-archetype' archetype. 

I have Springbean XML file , this needs to be copied to following location

'tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension'

In my  amp structure , which folder i should be creating this  file (Spring bean file) .  What  are other configuration i need to be implemented in amp structure before packaging amp and deploying it alfresco.war file ? 

I also have java file source , i have created this uder - src/main/java location with required package structure.  

thanks a lot 

Brijesh 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: AMP structure and spring configuration file location

Jump to solution

As you are building your extension using amp, you would apply the amp to the alfresco.war. You don't have to worry about the "tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension" path at all. 

You can keep your context file in <yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\<yourModule>\context folder, making sure that "<yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\<yourModule>\module-context.xml" includes all the context files created under <yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\<yourModule>\context folder.

OR- You can keep  your context file in Folder:

<yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\extension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a reason why you choose to go with amp based approach ? How about switching to jar based archetype?

From ACS6.x onwards current amps which are generated using SDK2.x "may or may not" work as is. For ACS6.x, SDK4.x is recommended. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

As you are building your extension using amp, you would apply the amp to the alfresco.war. You don't have to worry about the "tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension" path at all. 

You can keep your context file in <yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\<yourModule>\context folder, making sure that "<yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\<yourModule>\module-context.xml" includes all the context files created under <yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\module\<yourModule>\context folder.

OR- You can keep  your context file in Folder:

<yourModuleProject>\src\main\amp\config\alfresco\extension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a reason why you choose to go with amp based approach ? How about switching to jar based archetype?

From ACS6.x onwards current amps which are generated using SDK2.x "may or may not" work as is. For ACS6.x, SDK4.x is recommended. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
brijeshnk
Established Member

Jump to solution

@abhinavmishra14  thanks for pointing out the SDK version .  We do have migration plan coming from 5,2 to 6.x . Hope we will have some migration tool to convert current amps to jar .