cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trmmnt

An authority was not found for admin

Jump to solution

I was upgrading some older instance of Alfresco 5.0.d to version 5.2:

1. exported database of 5.0.d, configuration backup (alfresco-global.properties) etc.
2. installed 5.2
3. applied previous configuration
4. imported data into new database of 5.2

At the startup I got the following exception message:

2020-09-16 23:57:50,158 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] [localhost-startStop-1] 	Applying patch 'patch.alfrescoModelAdministrators' (Adds the 'GROUP_ALFRESCO_MODEL_ADMINISTRATORS' group).
2020-09-16 23:57:50,888 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] [localhost-startStop-1] 08160002 org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.UnknownAuthorityException: 08160001 An authority was not found for admin
	at org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.AuthorityDAOImpl.addAuthority(AuthorityDAOImpl.java:353)
	at org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.AuthorityServiceImpl.addAuthority(AuthorityServiceImpl.java:487)
	at org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.AuthorityServiceImpl.addAuthority(AuthorityServiceImpl.java:479)
	at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.impl.AddGroupAuthorityPatch.applyInternal(AddGroupAuthorityPatch.java:92)
	at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.AbstractPatch$1.execute(AbstractPatch.java:455)
	at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.AbstractPatch$1.execute(AbstractPatch.java:1)
at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:464)

There is no authority admin in the alf_authority table which relates to the exception message. It seems that there was no admin user in the 5.0.d.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trmmnt

Re: An authority was not found for admin

Jump to solution

Resolved with setting alfresco_user_store.adminusername.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
trmmnt

Jump to solution

Resolved with setting alfresco_user_store.adminusername.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @trmmnt 

Thanks for updating your post - really helpful.

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
big
Member II

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm also having the same problem as you when importing the site, can you tell me more about how to solve it? Thanks