Anyone see this error when trying to run docker-compose up with the latest acs-deployment code? Pulling alfresco-pdf-renderer (quay.io/alfresco/alfresco-pdf-renderer:2.0.7)... ERROR: unauthorized: access to the requested resource is not authorized

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aturbati

Re: Anyone see this error when trying to run docker-compose up with the latest acs-deployment code?

Jump to solution

abhinavmishra14 I'm quite new to docker, so maybe I'm missing something that should be immediate. I'm using Windows 10 and I've done:

git clone https://github.com/Alfresco/acs-deployment.git
 cd acs-deployment/docker-compose

I've changed the content of the file  docker-compose/community-docker-compose.yml by replacing line 85:

quay.io/alfresco/search-services:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

with:

image: alfresco/alfresco-search-services:2.0.3

Then I've done:

docker-compose -f community-docker-compose.yml up

but I still get the

Error response from daemon: unauthorized: access to the requested resource is not authorized

The strange thing is that it seems to be in different point, so I I do the

docker-compose -f community-docker-compose.yml up

again and the message appears after a different "XYZ polling" ("share Pulling", "alfresco Pulling", "proxy Pulling", etc.), but maybe this is normal (being relative new to docker I'm not sure) for example, I have:

- transform-core-aio Pulling 2.3s
- 1c93312426fc Waiting 0.4s
- 567f4c6fff1b Waiting 0.4s
- 222517f79c28 Waiting 0.4s
- dc02118b31ed Waiting 0.4s
- accec09e6d28 Waiting 0.4s
- 5cd1130364e8 Waiting 0.4s
- 3dcd5d48705a Waiting 0.4s
- proxy Pulling 2.3s
- 9b794450f7b6 Waiting 0.4s
- 71c851db8658 Pulling fs layer 0.4s
- 281095db834a Waiting 0.4s
- fc9aed49b78e Waiting 0.4s
- bb846ca9b45a Waiting 0.4s
- 2941653ad604 Waiting 0.4s
- 64be1aef2d83 Pulling fs layer 0.4s
Error response from daemon: unauthorized: access to the requested resource is not authorized

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Anyone see this error when trying to run docker-compose up with the latest acs-deployment code?

Jump to solution

Yes pull messages are expected. It should work though since images are pulled from docker hub. 

Do one thing, if you have installed docker for desktop, Create a docker hub account and login to your docker hub account from your computer's power shell. 

and then try again. 

https://hub.docker.com/signup 

How to login from your windows powershell: https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/login/ 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
aturbati

Jump to solution

I've created an account on docker hub and, from the power shell, I've logged it, but I still get the "Error response from daemon: unauthorized: access to the requested resource is not authorized".

Trying doing the "docker-compose -f community-docker-compose.yml up" several times I've noticed that I'm always getting a "- solr6 Error" even if such message is not always the one just before the "Error response from daemon: unauthorized: access to the requested resource is not authorized", so, maybe, this is way I'm not able to start the docker of ACS (I've changed the "quay.io/alfresco/search-services:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT" to "alfresco/alfresco-search-services:2.0.3" as suggested )

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

That is strange. Did you tried the sample i shared here: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/anyone-see-this-error-when-trying-to-run...

I still believe you should be able to pull images without even login unless required, but when you logged in did you check the docker desktop status. It should show your docker hub user name in the dashboard if login was sucess. 

docker-desktop-login.png

Please share full log from starting to failure..

docker-compose -f ./community-docker-compose.yml up >log.txt

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
aturbati

Jump to solution

I've tried again (I've started from scratch, so I've downloaded again from git, change immediatelly the value in community-docker-compose.yml and did the "docker-compose") and now it is working fine. From https://github.com/Alfresco/acs-deployment I see that there was a commit commit today, so, maybe, that fixed my problem (or maybe, launching the "docker-compose" the first time with the wrong value in community-docker-compose.yml created some problem ).

I think that the value in community-docker-compose.yml should be updated (from "quay.io/alfresco/search-services:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT" to "alfresco/alfresco-search-services:2.0.3" so other users will not have my same problem).

Thank you abhinavmishra14 for all the support and answers you provided me in this thread