AOS as a local disk - can't save changes during editing via MS Word

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guidestudio
Member II

AOS as a local disk - can't save changes during editing via MS Word

My application creates a local disk with WebDav (AOS). When I edit a document in docx format from MS Word 365, the document opens without having to provide credentials, but I cannot save the changes to it. When I edit from LibreOffice or MS Word 2007, a window appears to provide my WebDav credentials, and then the changes can be saved. Is it necessary to add an SSL certificate to edit in later versions of MS Word or is it something else?

2 Replies
stephen378
Member II

Re: AOS as a local disk - can't save changes during editing via MS Word

One possible solution is to change the AOs. baseUrlOverwrite property in the alfresco-global.properties file to match the URL of your WebDav server1. Another possible solution is to uninstall the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Support feature from your MS Office installation. This feature may interfere with WebDav authentication and cause the saving problem.

Tomasz
Member II

Re: AOS as a local disk - can't save changes during editing via MS Word

Hi

AOS is not WebDav -theser two separete endpoints and will behave diffrently, not sure which you are using but, AOS as I remember always required correct SSL certificate. Other possible solution I can think of:

Can you create new registry key (Multi-String Value) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters, with name AuthForwardServerList and value of domain of your alfresco like *.guidestudio.com

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/credentials-prompt-access-w...

hope it helps.